Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grilled Chipotle Chicken

So what did I do with the left over chipotle peppers from yesterdays Chipotle Fish Packets, you ask? Well, I made this yummy grilled chicken.... and all I have to say is:  it was FAN-TASTIC!!!  Smokey, spicy, moist..what more could you ask for in a piece of poultry, right?  I will warn you, when I said spicy, I mean spicy. Ok, it wasn't unbelievably hot, but it was was spicy enough to wake me up a bit and I believe that spice is life :)  But don't let that stop you.  If you have ever had chipotle, you know that it's an amazing flavor that wakes up all the senses.  It's not to be missed.  And, hey, if you don't have a grill, you can pan sear the chicken or bake it...no worries, it will taste as though you grilled them anyway because of the smokey flavor the chipotle brings to it.

Grilled Chipotle Chicken
Inspired by Des at Life's Ambrosia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 can (7oz) chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce  (OR use what was left from the Chipotle Grilled Tilapia recipe, so it's a can minus 2 peppers and about a tablespoon of the sauce**)
1 Tablespoon honey
1 key lime, juiced
Garlic Salt
Pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
In a small food processor or blender, add the whole can of chipotles with sauce (or what's left of it), honey and lime juice.  Process until it becomes smooth.  Season both sides of each chicken breast with garlic salt and pepper.  Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the chipotle puree over it.  Seal the bag and massage the chicken so it gets fully covered with the puree.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to an hour. (The longer it soaks in the marinade, the more flavor you are going to get)

Preheat your grill to medium high heat.  When grill is ready, remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place chicken on oiled grill grates and grill for 5-8 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your chicken, or until the chicken is cooked through.  Remove from grill and enjoy!

7 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Okay, I'm just going to have to invite myself over for lunch -- it's only 10:30, and you're making me so hungry!!! That looks so, so, good ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh I bet this is fiery goodness!! that a lot of chipotle Jenn, no wonder it was spicy :) Sounds good. I have a can of chipotle in the cupboard, they may find their way onto some chicken soon :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Wow! This sounds delicious but I'd have to cut back on the chipotle. I'd be breathing fire after a portion of this. My husband would love the dish just as you prepared it. It's a wonder we've stayed married all these years :-). Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Ally said...

Oh Jenn that looks sooooo good! My hubs would be all over this dish as well :)

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! My husband would love the spicy chicken, and I keep eyeing those potatoes :) Potatoes on the grill are one of my absolute favorites!

Unknown said...

We love the flavor of chipotle peppers. I like the combination of flavors you used in this recipe. Yummy!

partialemptynester said...

Mmm, love anything "chipotle" :)