Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Romanian Garlic Steak

CAUTION:  If you are a fan of vampires, if you are in love with a vampire, if you even associate briefly with vampires, do not... I REPEAT...do not make this recipe!!!!  LOL  I understand that the recipe is called GARLIC steak, but I really didn't get the extent of how much garlic I was using until I walked back inside after trimming up a bush in the front yard.  I was instantly hit with this wonderfully aromatic garlic smell that I knew tomorrow would be seeping from my pores.  I also reminded myself of the wonderful kisses Chris and I would not be sharing because I don't care what anyone says...two garlic breaths don't equal each other out, they are like double trouble if you accidentally breath in as you are moving in for that special moment!  I'm just saying......

Seriously though, the big downer about this story is that the steak did not have the garlic kick that I thought it would, considering how much you use.  It was there...subtle and unobtrusive...but I had imagined it to be much more in your face.  You know, like when garlic steps into the party and screams.... "HEY!!!! I'M GARLIC... WHATSUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP??????"  Alas, it was more like a quiet, shy, intimidated clove that said, "hey...I'm garlic, can I come and join your party?" (shuffles feet and stares at the ground).  Don't let that stop you from trying the recipe, by all means you can make it more, you can make it scream with garlic if you really really want, but what I think that is going to take is more time and I just really thought I'd given it enough time.  If you want more....the crazy party going garlic...you are gonna have to let these bad boys marinate over night...or for at least 12 hours.

That aside, this steak was incredible!  The entire meal was just perfect...undeniably one of the best steak dinners we've had ... you gotta check out the grilled cheesy potato recipe I'll be posting tomorrow...they were INCREDIBLE!!

Romanian Garlic Steak
Adapted from Planet Barbecue by Steven Raichlen
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 lb. sirloin steaks
Sweet paprika
8 garlic cloves, minced as finely as you can
salt and pepper
1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped

Directions:
Season both sides of the steak with vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.  Top with garlic and chopped parsley and press firmly into the steak.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours...but I would highly recommend at least 12-24...remember, the longer you marinate the more flavor you will get out of it.

Preheat grill to medium, medium-high.  Place steaks directly on the grill and cook until they have reached desired doneness (rare 130-135 degrees, medium-rare 140 degrees, medium 155 degrees, well done 165 degrees).  Remove from grill and let sit for 3-5 minutes before cutting into it to allow the juices to settle.  Enjoy!

 Welcome Tuesday Tag-Alongers...Hope you enjoy your visit!
 

22 comments:

Meghan said...

Hi newest follower! Come visit me at http://www.jamonkey.com

Angie's Recipes said...

You make me seriously hungry with this scrumptious grilled garlic steak, which looks so juicy and tender!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Thanks for dropping by my kitchen Jenn, I am now following yu back and thanks for sharing this steak how-to, I might try this for my picky hubs lol.

Mediocrity Chronicles said...

This looks so delicious! I'll have to give it a shot!

Following you from the Twee Poppets Tuesday Tag-Along. Please come by Mediocrity Chronicles and take a look!
http://mediocrity-chronicles.blogspot.com

Design It Chic said...

I am now following you thanks to Tuesday Tag Along!It would be nice if you could share back the love on my blog ! Also if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come! Happy Tuesday!

Amy said...

Yum! I'm the only one in my house that eats steak but I'm SO tempted to try these!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Looks yummy Jenn! Garlic and steak are a fab combo :) Now if steak would go on sale I'd be a happy Witch :)

Cranberry Morning said...

I read it twice. Yes, you DID write 8 cloves of garlic. WOW. I wonder why specifically 8. We do love garlic here, and that looks wonderful!

Kari @ Mommy's Fabulous Finds said...

That looks so good!! I am your newest follower from Tag Along Tuesday!

Kari @ http://shining2save.blogspot.com

I am also hosting a twitter hop today on my blog and love for you to join in

SnoWhite said...

sounds tasty -- even though it maybe doesn't have as much of a garlic kick as you thought!

Unknown said...

I love garlic so I have to give it a try. I will take your advice and let it marinade longer. I am coming back for your cheesy potato recipe!

StephenC said...

Nice to see you have so many followers - well-deserved at that. Interesting how garlic is so mellow after cooking.

Kylie said...

This looks divine! I love to cook, so will be following your blog with interest!!

www.aspiringmillionaire.com

Tanyia said...

ummm this looks awesome!

I am visiting from Tag Along Tuesday! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit me as well :)

http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds wonderful. I adore garlic and use it wherever I can. Your steak looks wonderful to these tired old eyes. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

You are cracking me up with your garlic talk, this steak looks juicy and good

Unknown said...

Hi, Jenn.

I'm your newest follower from Tuesday Tag Along.

I'd love for you to stop by and follow me back.

Cheers!
Laura

http://www.paringdown.com

Pam said...

I love garlic so this recipe sounds amazing to me. I'll remember to marinate it for at least 12 hours to get the good garlic flavor. The steaks look great.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

2 of my faves, garlic and steak. What a happy combo.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Chef Dennis Littley said...

your steak looks delicious....I love garlic!!n and it really goes so well with beef...we use to serve a garlic steak it had a topcoat of garlic...it was for serious garlic lovers!

Yona said...

Yum...that looks good! I love garlic! Im a new follower from Tuesday Tag-Along! Love if you'd stop by my website and become a blog friend.

Anonymous said...

Your newest follower from Tuesday Tag Along http://thethingswefindinside.blogspot.com

Looking forward to checking out your blogs.

Happy Tuesday! :)