Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jalapeno Lime Chicken Breasts

Oh yea...jalapenos and lime...what a fantastic flavor combination.  You get the heat, you get the tart...both right there on your tongue...Oh, how I love it!!!  I guess if you aren't a fan of jalapenos or lime this dish really isn't for you...but if you love both those ingredients like I do, then you have got to try it.  I have had a love for hot peppers since I was a kid.  My dad use to always get pepper jack cheese and we'd sit and munch on it together.  I remember it having much more of a kick back then.  I wonder if that is because I've burned off all my tastes buds or if the manufacturer actually cut back the spice to please more consumers?  Either way, anytime I have pepper jack cheese now, I instantly think of my dad.

One thing I think that people forget is that jalapenos can be hot hot hot.  One time you can get a pepper that has little to no kick and then next time...WATCH OUT cause it's like biting into a habanero!!  If you really want to cut back on the spiciness of the jalapeno, make sure to scrape out all of the seeds and the membranes.  Also, please don't forget to wash your hands THOROUGHLY after you are done cutting up hot peppers...you do not want to accidentally touch your eyes or lips when you have that kind of heat on your finger tips...take it from the expert who constantly forgets that I've just cut a jalapeno and now have to rub my eyes, that it is not a pleasant experience!!


Anyway...did I mention that this chicken is FANTASTIC???  I got the general idea from Des at Life's Ambrosia.  Once again, if you have never stopped by her site, make it a point to do it.  Not only does she have some really kick ass recipes, but OMG the pictures they take will make your mouth water instantly!!  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Jalapeno Lime Chicken Breasts
Adapted from Des at Life's Ambrosia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
juice and zest from 1 lime
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely minced

Directions:
Place the chicken breasts in a resealable bag.  Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken.  Let marinate for 1-2 hours.

To Grill:
Preheat grill to medium.  Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.  Place chicken directly on the grill grate brushed with olive oil.  Cook 6-8 minutes and then turn and cook for another 6 minutes or until the chicken is not longer pink in the middle.  Enjoy!

To Bake:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Place the chicken in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Enjoy!

   

8 comments:

Jennifer Sikora said...

This totally sounds right up my alley! Thanks for sharing :)

Yenta Mary said...

An easy, quick meal perfect for a party or a work night dinner ... does it get any better than this??? And how fabulous would the leftovers be -- oh, the possibilities!

StephenC said...

About a month ago I touched my eye after working with a jalapeno pepper. I will NEVER make that mistake again. Lime and heat - perfection!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Boy, this sounds good. I think this one will definitely hit our grill. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum!! I have all these ingredients here now, maybe the great "whats for dinner?" debate will end with these tasty treats :) Sounds great Jenn!

Angie's Recipes said...

The chicken looks so tender and succulent! And how I love the grilled corns!

Cranberry Morning said...

Jalapenos, limes, olive oil, and garlic are among the staples of life!! :-) We love them and will enjoy another variety of chicken. It's what we eat most. Thanks. :-)

Katrina (Betty Ray) said...

Ooh, I never had this flavor combo. I will soon though. So many recipes, so little time. I have to stop reading all these great food blogs! :)