Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lemon Dill Tilapia

I can't believe that I have not posted this simple recipe before.  I love the flavor combination of lemon and dill with fish.  It just feels so right :)  Dill is one of those herbs that I frequently forget about.  I don't know why, really, I don't have a thing against it, it just never seems to fit into what I'm making.  I have to buy fresh dill in a package that this recipe used only half of.  If you have this same problem, I have at least one solution:  Creamy Ranch Dip, from Life's Ambrosia.  I've made this recipe before, so I can guarantee it's a good one.

The other option I can give you to rid yourself of the dill is grass (or yard I can't ever remember which it was, but either way, grass, yard, it's all the same!) rolls, as my cousin so nicely referred to them when we were kids.  Grass rolls really only consist of ready to bake rolls, butter, and dill.  Make dill butter by mixing softened butter and chopped dill together.  Cut the ready to bake rolls in half, but do not cut all the way through.  Spread the dill butter on the inside part of the roll, close them up and bake them according to the package.

So see, go out and buy some dill...make this recipe...then create something new and wonderful with the leftovers!  Regarding the fish:  This is a very, very, very simple dish to make.  Five ingredients, 30 minutes of marinating time, and 12 minutes to cook....simple! 

Lemon Dill Tilapia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets (or any white fish, really)
1 large lemon, juiced and zested
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Directions:
Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, garlic, and Dijon.  Once combined, add the dill.  Place the fish in a resealable bag or a shallow dish and pour marinade over the fish, making sure both sides are covered.  Let marinate for 30-45 minutes.

Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees.  Place the fish on squares of aluminum foil (for grilling) or in a baking dish (for baking) sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.  If grilling: fold foil around the fish to make a packet.  Place directly on the grill and grill for 12-14 minutes, turning once half way through.  If baking: bake for 12-14 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Thia sounds wonderful. Lemon and dill make a wonderful marriage and it's hard to go wrong using tilapia. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

StephenC said...

Tilapia Tootsie strikes again! I am a great fan of dill and use it to make gravlax from time to time.

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks like a great healthy weekend meal!

Yenta Mary said...

I have everything I need to make this! I need to put it on the menu, 'cause it looks amazing ... and while Jeremy isn't a big fan of fish, he likes all of these flavors. I think it might just work ... :)