Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grilled Parmesan Corn on the Cob

How do you make something like corn on the cob bad for you?  Easy, spread a little mayonnaise on it and sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.  Leave it to Paula Deen to create something as scrumptious and indulging as this!  I happened to catch an episode where she made corn on the cob on the grill this way and I knew, without a doubt, I needed to try it.  I immediately told Chris what I saw and he immediately started to drool!  Oh yea, the next day I went to the store with the intent on getting corn and corn alone.  That night...I made the corn this way....and I hate to say it...but I really want corn on the cob prepared no other way!  I have myself convinced that it's better then all the butter I slop all over my corn.  I mean I'm only using half a tablespoon or less of mayo on each cob and I probably use a good two tablespoons of butter (at least) by the time it's all said and done...lol...so yea, much healthier this way. :)  I'm telling you, this corn is out of this world, cheesy good!  You can actually use any seasonings you want on this, but I'll tell you, I've tried it a couple of different ways and using parmesan, salt and pepper, and cayenne is my favorite!  It's just adds that little kick that I like so much!!

Grilled Parmesan Corn on the Cob
Slightly adapted from Paula Deen
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1-2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
cayenne pepper
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium. Brush 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each ear of corn.  Sprinkle with parmesan, cayenne, salt, and pepper.  Wrap each corn with foil and place on the grill.  Let cook for 10-20 minutes, turning occasionally.  Carefully remove from grill and foil and enjoy!



9 comments:

StephenC said...

Gosh, I could do this on the stovetop grill. We just started getting Colorado sweet corn a few days ago. It's a highly anticipated event in our summer plans.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This sounds really delicious. Corn and parmesan should work wonderfully well together. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I've seen Paula do this & have wanted to try it too, but due to my mayo aversion I've not done so yet. I'm gonna have to grow up & get over this mayo thing so I can try this corn!!!

SnoWhite said...

what a fun way to do corn on the cob differently!

Unknown said...

I will try this soon! thanks for the recipe.

Cheeseboy said...

This might make me actually buy corn on the cob. Sounds incredible.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Love corn that way!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Aleksandra Nearing said...

That looks delish! I actually have a bunch of corn to use from my weekly farmer's market basket - thanks! And TGIF!

Unknown said...

OK...so I am officially stopping @ the Amish produce stand to pick up some sweet corn for dinner tonight!! :)