Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Aioli

I've posted a recipe for Grilled Chipotle Chicken before, but this one is just a tad bit different.  The sauce, though.. oh, the sauce is a whole new thing!!  Roasted garlic for a little flavor and a tad bit of sweetness... Chipotle for a lot of flavor and a ton of kick.... What's not to love here??  I will warn you though, the way I made it.. uhmmmm.. it was quite spicy.  Chris and I loved it, but if you can't handle a lot of heat, start off slowly when you add the chipotle - I know I always say this, but remember, you can always add more, you can never take away - at least not in this case!

Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (7oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lime juice
3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Kosher salt and white pepper to taste

Directions:
Dump the entire can of chipotle in adobo sauce into a food processor.  Process until pureed.  Remove 2 tablespoons of puree and set aside.  Add remaining puree to yogurt and stir in lime juice.  Place chicken in a resealable bag or shallow dish.  Pour yogurt mix over and seal or cover.  Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

To roast garlic:  Place garlic (unpeeled) on a small square of aluminum foil.  Drizzle a little olive oil over it and season with salt and pepper.  Seal foil around garlic and place on preheated 300 degree grill.  Roast, flipping once, for about 5-8 minutes.  Remove and allow to cool.

To make the aioli:  Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the peel and into a food processor.  Pulse until roughly chopped.  In a small bowl add the garlic, mayo, 1 tablespoon of the reserved chipotle puree, and lemon juice.  Stir to combine.  Add more chipotle puree for more heat.  Season with salt and pepper.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from marinade and place directly over the fire.  Grill for 6-8 minutes per side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.  Remove from grill and serve with aioli.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Two Years Ago:  Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Creamy Dijon Sauce

13 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Oh yum Jenn, that sauce. Mmmmmmmmm

The Blonde Duck said...

LOVE chipolte...

Big Dude said...

This looks soooo good and I love your use of sauces. Between you and Chris, I actually remember to think about one most of the time now.

Cranberry Morning said...

Another HOT dish that I know Kevin would love. And the photo is beautiful. Reminds me that I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer last night. I guess this is why I have a microwave. :-)

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oh boy does that aoili sound fabulous with the grilled chicken! Thanks for inspiring me with a new idea, Jenn. This is pretty darn mouthwatering!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I could just eat a little bowl of that sauce! Right now. For breakfast. But since I could use the protein, I'll probably have the chicken with it as well!

Angie's Recipes said...

I must make the sauce! It sounds and looks so good.

Pam said...

Yet another sauce I want to try... mmmm good!

Yenta Mary said...

Roasted garlic AND chipotle??? Oh, my word, what fantastic flavor that has to have!!!

Unknown said...

that sauce sounds heavenly, always love your dishes.

Lea Ann (Highlands Ranch Foodie) said...

Have I told you lately how much I love your recipe selections? Oh, that's right, I'm new here. ;)

Candace said...

oh my! We like it spicy around here; but I definitely would need to dial that down. I've never used a whole can of chipotle in anything. Having said that, I love what you've done with this sauce. We love the chipotle flavor and roasted garlic is one of our favorite things ever. I'm going to try this sauce out on David very soon.

Chris said...

Love love love this one.

I'd have to get the seeds out of the chipotle first, because I'm a wuss like that, but the sauce is something I want to try ASAP!!!!