Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Tarragon Tartar Sauce

This really isn't anything special.  Heck, I didn't even use fresh tarragon (if you have it, use it though, it will be even better!).  No, this is just a simple little twist on a classic little sauce that goes with just about any type of fish.

Tarragon Tartar Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1-2 teaspoons dried tarragon (to taste)
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.  Can be made up to 1 week in advanced if kept in air-tight sealed container.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Homemade Mayonnaise
Two Years Ago:  Yogurt Marinated Chicken


 

10 comments:

Mary said...

I seriously need to get more creative with my sauces. I never even think of it most nights. I've said it before and it is worth repeating. I would be first in line to buy your sauce cookbook!

Yenta Mary said...

Sometimes it's the simple things that make the biggest difference! A sauce that's easily put together can make a big impact at dinnertime, particularly after a long day ....

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Love the sound of this tarragon tartar sauce, Jenn! So easy to make at home, and cheaper too! Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

I love dill in my tartar but have never tried tarragon... I'll have to give it a go!

Unknown said...

Yes please, I have tried one of your sauces...I need to try more!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds wonderful and this is one of those little somethings that can make an average meal special. It really sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

Perfect - a lovely sauce like this really makes a dish
mary x

Candace said...

I am crazy about tarragon. I bet this is sooooo good!

Anonymous said...

what a great sauce - sounds delicious - sauces are so important and I have to say I don't normally give them the time they deserve - this is delicious!
Mary x

Chris said...

This is a great use for the tarragon in our front yard, it normally only gets used with braised carrots and in bearnaise sauce.