Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Creamy Dijon Sauce

 
I am a sauce girl.  I love the added flavor that they can give to a meal.  To me, sometimes, the sauce even MAKES the meal.  In this case, it's lending extra flavor AND it makes the meal :)  If you didn't have access to Lemon Pepper Seasoning, you can season the fish with any flavor herb you would like or you can use fresh lemon juice and cracked black pepper.  The sauce, though, is a must try!  The original recipe was actually for a Creamy Dijon Dressing for a macaroni salad (and oh how good would it be as that!!), but when I saw the ingredients, I got the idea to use it as a sauce instead.  And, once again, for all those not interested in fish,  this sauce would work great with chicken too.  (Chris likes to use the leftover sauce for his chicken nuggets!)

Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Creamy Dijon Sauce
Fish recipe by me, sauce recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com 
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia Fillets (or any white fish fillets)
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning (or enough to coat each fillet)
Garlic powder and paprika (to taste)
For Creamy Dijon Sauce
1 Tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients together and mix until smooth.  Cover and chill until ready to use.

Drizzle fish with olive oil and season both sides with lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika.

Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place fish in single layer.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serve with sauce.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I love me some sauces too. And I agree - they're kind of the whole point of the meal sometimes;) This looks fantastic!

Wayne Hoxie said...

Looks delicious. I made the honey-mustard chicken last night and my wife could not get enough of the sauce. It was super yummy. Thanks for running this blog. I love reading it, and have tried about half of the recipes ( or very minimally altered versions of them ). Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Wayne.. I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. I have had so much fun with it. And yes, the honey mustard is one of my favorite sauces. Nice thing about that.. you can use it on just about anything!! YAY FOR SAUCES! :)