Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spicy Soy Chili Chicken Stir Fry

I saw this recipe in a Saveur magazine and was going to use it as it was originally meant to be used - just as a dipping sauce.  I was going to grill up some chicken and just use it as a dip, but I've been on a stir fry kick lately, so I decided to change things up just a bit and make it a sauce for a stir fry.  It turned out to be pretty fantastic.  I warn you though, this is another spicy one.  Once again.. easy on the Sambal Oelek and taste as you go and you will be fine.  Leave out the cornstarch and it would be a great little dipping sauce for fried or grilled shrimp.. that was my other idea :)

Spicy Soy Chili Chicken Stir Fry
Adapted from Saveur magazine
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons chili paste (Sambal Oelek)
1 Tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 garlic clover finely minced OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 lbs chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Directions:
In a measuring cup, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken; set aside.

Over medium high heat, in a wok or a deep, non-stick skillet, add the vegetable oil.  When oil is hot, add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.  Add the peppers and continue to stir fry for another 4 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.  Add the sauce mixture and stir to combine. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.  Remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Mac and Cheese Soup
Two Years Ago:  Hamburger Buddy

11 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

What a fast, fabulous meal! And with other options, too, since the sauce is so amazing and you'll want to keep eating it ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

This sounds really good! You know I love me a spicy stir fry sauce! And having another stir fry sauce is ALWAYS a good thing! Thanks for the awesome idea!

Sue D. said...

Cannot wait to try this tonight for dinner. Thank you for this recipe!

Big Dude said...

Sure is a purdy dish

Mary said...

This sounds great, Jenn. I'm actually making a stir fry for dinner tonight and it is adapted from one of your sauces too! Thanks for another excellent idea.

Anonymous said...

This is really appealing, especially for someone who likes chili sauce as much as I do.

Pam said...

This sounds great! I have to find that chili paste.

Unknown said...

Good Lord,you have me salivating! You always cook with the flavors I adore! I can taste it from here!

Unknown said...

Good Lord,you have me salivating! You always cook with the flavors I adore! I can taste it from here!

Lea Ann (Highlands Ranch Foodie) said...

I need to stir fry more often. This looks really good Jenn.

Chris said...

Stir fry is great, stir fire on a grill is even better!