Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Simple Steak Sandwiches with Garlic Parmesan Mayonnaise

I'm pretty sure that I have said before that we don't eat a lot of sandwiches here.  We might take them for lunch, but we're talking peanut butter and jelly or tuna or ham and cheese - nothing that involves a lot of thinking.  When I do make sandwiches for dinner, I like to make them flavorful and hearty.  So, when Chris asked for me to make steak sandwiches one night last week, who was I to deny him such a pleasure?  I know it looks like a lot of ingredients.. and it is.. but it is still a very simple sandwich, and oh, so very tasty!!

Simple Steak Sandwiches with Garlic Parmesan Mayonnaise
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4lbs steak (I used petite sirloin)
1/3 cup beer
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Garlic Parmesan Mayo -
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
1 garlic clover, finely minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the sandwich -
4 hoagie buns, toasted
lettuce 
1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
thinly sliced tomato (ok, so we didn't have any, but they would have been a great addition)

Directions:
Mix together the beer, Worcestershire, olive oil, honey, hot sauce, salt and pepper until well combined.  Place steak in a resealable bag and pour marinade over it.  Seal and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the mayo until well combined.  Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.  Remove steak from bag and discard marinade.  Place the stead directly over the heat and grill for 4-6 minutes per side.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.

Spread garlic parmesan mayo on inside of toasted bun.  Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and sliced beef.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Baked Tilapia Scampi
Two Years Ago:  Snickerdoodles

12 comments:

Big Dude said...

I rarely think to marinate steaks, but this sounds delicious as does the mayo.

Mary said...

These look awesome, Jenn. Too many ingredients? Nope. Everything sounds great together. Have a fabulous week, girl!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, man, does that look GOOD! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack, whatever - I hear it calling to me ... :)

Pam said...

I never made sandwiches for dinner either... this one looks fabulous.

Pam said...

I too rarely make sandwiches for dinner but this sounds really good. That mayo has to perk up the steak!

Unknown said...

This is perfection! I love it, and I would not pass it up for dinner..or lunch...heck who am I kidding I'd eat for breakfast.

Unknown said...

Oh how I love steak sandwiches and I would love one now... and with the garlic, parmesan mayo? superb.

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks just delicious! I'm also thinking that Part A would be great over a roast in the Crockpot.

Lea Ann (Highlands Ranch Foodie) said...

We're the same way around our house, not a lot of sandwiches, but the sure way to get me craving one is a good flavorful steak sandwich. This looks fabulous Jenn. Thanks for posting a great recipe.

Angie's Recipes said...

These sandwiches look really man and yum!

Candace said...

This sammich would be a huge hit with my guys. It looks delicious, Jenn. Love the flavor filled mayo! Yum!

Chris said...

That mayo is so perfect for beef, especially with that touch of horseradish, genius.