Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Poultry Perfect Rub Grilled Chicken

This is one of those recipes that I have been holding on to for awhile.  One of those that you know you want to try but just never get around to doing it.  I mean I knew it was going to be good....it's from my go-to grill guy, Chris at Nibble Me This.  (the man is a genius!)  So I don't really  know what held me back all this time.. I guess it's just true that there are so many recipe and so little time!

This is a fantastic rub... the name truly does say it all - Poultry Perfect!  The only thing I did differently than Chris was to cut the amount of each ingredient, I used garlic salt in place of celery salt (I only had celery seed and was worried about using it), and I did not add the lemon zest (none on hand, dang it!)... Oh, and I added a little lemon aioli to go with it...I'm pretty sure Chris would approve!!

Poultry Perfect Rub Grilled Chicken
Recipe courtesy Chris at Nibble Me This
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Tablespoons Hungarian Paprika (NOT Spanish)
1/4 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Lemon aioli (optional)

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chicken and aioli.  Rinse chicken and pat dry.  Rub the mixture over all sides of the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees and oil the grill grates.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and grill 5-10 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.  Serve with lemon aioli if desired.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Almond Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Balsamic Chicken Tenders with Caramelized Onion & Pepper

10 comments:

Debbie said...

I love different rubs for chicken to add that extra flavor. thanks for sharing this!

StephenC said...

Ah, you did what the best cooks do - you adapted to what was on hand. That alone makes your recipe taste better.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh that chicken looks good - my mouth is watering reading the ingredients! Bookmarked :)
Mary x

Big Dude said...

Looks perfect Jenn - The moisture still in the chicken is obvious. I agree with you on Chris and he works hard at it.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yeah that's a winner right there!! Sounds like the perfect poultry rub. Easy to make and I've got all the stuff on hand. Yay!

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks perfect, alright! I wish that would be sitting on my plate at dinner tonight. I'll have to look up Hungarian paprika. I suspect that what I have on hand is Spanish paprika. Hmmm.

Pam said...

Simple & tasty - my kind of recipe.

Mary said...

This looks and sounds fantastic, Jenn. Chris is my go-to-grill-guy too! :)

Chris said...

That is my favorite chicken rub but it's totally not my recipe, it is from Bill and Cheryl Jamison's book Smoke and Spice.

The chicken looks great!

Candace said...

That chicken looks perfect! If it wasn't 14° outside today with a windchill of 2°, I would be tempted to make that for dinner. So I'm just going to save it for warmer weather. It's definitely a must try!