Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

July... Already?

I must apologize, I do not have a 4th of July holiday cookout post ready for you all.  I wanted to compile recipes that would be good for your 4th of July weekend, but alas, my work load has once again taken over my life and I am finding less and less time to focus on my blog.  Seriously, the only way you are getting daily posts throughout the week is because I spend the weekend writing them and then schedule them to post on a certain day.  I'm not complaining (ok, maybe just a little) I just felt a little overwhelmed last night when I realized that I not only didn't have a post ready for today, but I also did not have a post ready for Fire Day Friday over at Our Krazy Kitchen!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!   What's a girl to do?

Well, this girl freaked out for a moment and then realized... who's going to care, right?  It's not like it's a life or death matter.  Right?  :)

So, no recipe today on my site...but if you are looking for a very tasty, very simple recipe for some good barbecue chicken - stop on by and see what I have showcased for Fire Day Friday....

Here's a tease...
Sparkling Barbecue Chicken.....mmmmm Sparkling!!!

You know you want to check it out... so go.....  and have a fun and very safe holiday weekend!!  I'll be back on Tuesday with a brand new recipe for you all to enjoy!

Happy 4th of July!!
Ciao!
Jenn

One Year Ago:  Chipotle Grilled Chicken

11 comments:

Shu Han said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! haha i know what you mean, sometimes i find myself in a bout of frenzy worrying about blog posts for the week ahead, then i decided, heck, this is my blog, and i'll post when I want! I just pray that pple who read my blog continue to check back after that! (i do that blog ahead thing sometimes too hehe)

Anna's kitchen table said...

I'm waiting patiently...

StephenC said...

This is just unacceptable. Your work is interfering with your blog? Get your priorities in line, girl. LOL

We Are Not Martha said...

Ooh I so want to know how that chicken is sparkling!

Sues

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Yes, I know you said "the only way you are getting daily posts throughout the week is because I spend the weekend writing them and then schedule them to post on a certain day," but even so ... I can barely keep up with my once-a-week-on-Friday-morning posting schedule! And I know you're younger (and, consequently, more energetic) than I am, but even so ... I think you must have cloned yourself! Yeah, that's it!

PS Just saw that you made my Fudge Ripple Ice Cream. (See, I can't even READ a blog every day, let alone post to one every day!) So glad you liked it. And your pictures were just fine!

Yenta Mary said...

This blogging business takes FAR more time than people realize! My m.o. is the same as yours -- tidbits each night, lots of work on the weekend, looks effortless M-F ... :) But have no fear -- while we DO miss you and your recipes, you've already given us all plenty of fabulous ideas for the Monday bbqs, and you know we'll all be thinking of you as we light those grills!

Big Dude said...

I'll give you the day off - enjoy your weekend.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you have a great weekend. We'll be here when you post again, so there is no need to worry. Blessings...Mary

Chris said...

Don't forget, if you ever need someone to cover for Fire Day Friday, just let me know. I thought it was my week until Thursday night!

Rivki Locker said...

I know just the feeling! I have found myself overextending myself too, especially considering that I have a full time job and a family, and the blogging is just a side thing. But you are so right - while we miss you when you take a break, everyone understands! Do what you need to do and don't work too hard!

Cheeseboy said...

I'll live. Hope you have a very happy 4th! Grill some good stuff up for me. I'm sure you will.