Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

My absolute favorite candy in the whole wide world is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  There is just something about peanut butter and chocolate that I have always loved.  I love to savor every last bite of those delicious little cups.  It's probably the one candy that I eat ever so slowly.  I guess you could say that I have a love affair with the candy.  I could probably even be bought, bribed, conned, whatever, with them...    I'm just sayin'

So, when Chris requested peanut butter cup ice cream, who was I to deny him this little bowl of joy??

I didn't want to do the usual vanilla ice cream though, so I made up a little of the fudge sauce from the Simple Fudge Ripple Ice Cream recipe I politely stole borrowed from Jean at Delightful Repast and turned the every day vanilla into a deliciously light chocolate ice cream!  (when I say light, I mean in color, not in calories!!)  Add in little pieces of my all time favorite candy and... well... it's a large little bowl of heaven!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup fudge sauce (depends on how chocolatey you want your ice cream), homemade or store bought
1 - 8oz bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups (minus a few that I had to taste first.. just to make sure they were the real thing... you never know), chopped

Directions:
Combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, half and half, and cream in a large bowl or measuring cup (for easy pouring) and mix well.  Cover and chill for at least 3-4 hours.

Pour chilled mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.  Add the fudge sauce after 15 minutes.  Add the peanut butter cup pieces in the last 5 minutes of churning.  Scoop into a plastic container, seal tightly, and let set in refrigerator for a few hours before serving.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

12 comments:

StephenC said...

I had no craving for ice cream until I took some chocolate swirl to Leslie's last weekend with some frozen strawberries. Love peanut butter cups.

Unknown said...

small stroke of genius!... ive just made crumble ice cream... love this kind of thing! x

Cranberry Morning said...

Yea! Just what I love...summer diet food! lol
I tend to get on a ice cream-making kick and find it difficult to get off. This looks amazing!

We Are Not Martha said...

Mmm Reeses Peanut Butter Cups ARE the best... I've made a similar ice cream and it's so, so good. I love that you kept the peanut butter cup pieces pretty big :)

Sues

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

You made extra for me, right? It looks really good. Really good! Like I'd spend $5 for a small container of that. Or just come over & mooch off you, ya know, whatever :)

Pam said...

You are KILLING me. I want this for breakfast asap!

Mary Bergfeld said...

You give new meaning to sinfully delicious. This sounds too good to be true. I have to try it. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn... this ice cream looks fantastic. Reese's peanut butter cups are the best! Chris is also a genius for requesting this :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I bought my ice cream maker!!!! Gonna make this soon!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Cheeseboy said...

No way! This is your best recipe EVER!

Yenta Mary said...

O ... M ... G!!! I would not have shared, no matter how much I loved my sweetie! That is so sinfully rich and luscious!!!

Chris said...

Bwahahaha, I just put our ice cream maker bowl in the fridge. I will keep this one in mind, it sounds great and I love love love Reeses.