Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce

Have you missed my beloved tilapia??  It's been a while since I've posted a recipe for tilapia... Ok, let's not hide the fact that this is really a recipe for the sauce, but come on... I knew you've been longing for a tilapia recipe and I just didn't want to disappoint!! :)

Now this is a sauce that can be made with almost any fish, you don't have to use tilapia.  And, if you don't want to grill the fish, check out the original recipe on how to broil the fish.  Either way, the sauce is tangy and flavorful and brings a nice little something to plain old fish.  Heck you could even use this on pork or chicken :)

Grilled Tilapia with Mustard Chive Sauce
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- Serves 2-4 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoons mayo
2 teaspoons honey
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
4 tilapia fillets
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayo, honey, mustard, and lemon juice until well combined.  Stir in the chives.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Tear off four squares of aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Rinse the fish and pat dry.  Season with salt and pepper and place one piece of fish on each aluminum square.  Spoon 1/2 a tablespoon of the mustard chive sauce over each piece of fish, close the aluminum around the fish.  Place directly over the fire and grill for 12-14 minutes, rotating fish at least once.  Carefully remove from the grill and from the aluminum packets.  Serve with additional mustard chive sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Sweet and Spicy Tilapia

7 comments:

StephenC said...

I am gearing myself up for the great tilapia/lima bean throw down.I need to make my lima concoction before sending it to you. Once again we are working our way through leftovers in the fridge.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

That is a yummy looking sauce indeed! I love how creamy it is, thank you Greek yogurt :) I need to make more sauces I think. Who doesn't love a good sauce??

Brian got some tilapia at a restaurant recently and the pressure to make some at home has started. he loved it!! Thank goodness I have your blog to turn to when that time comes :)

Pam said...

Loving that sauce girl!

Unknown said...

I love your tilapia recipes, very versatile.

Unknown said...

You come up with the yummiest tilapia recipes. The sauce looks incredibly creamilicious (Yes, I just made up that word).

Chris said...

Wait, you and Stephen are doing a lima bean and tilapia throw down? Why don't yall just throw liver in there too? (haha)

Desi said...

Yes I HAVE missed your tilapia recipes, matter of fact! I was starting to worry lol! And this is all about the sauce. I bet it's yummy.