Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Confession Time ... Again

It is once again confession time here at Jenn's Food Journey.  My confession - I am a bit freaky when it comes to my blog.  I love that I get such great comments and wonderful feed back regarding my blog.  BUT I am afraid that if I don't post every day ... at least every day during the week... that I will start to loose people's attention.  People might stop visiting my website.  I know, it might sound silly to you, but remember, this is my confession.  This is a strange feeling for me because when I first started my blog I swore it was only going to be about sharing recipes.. who cares how many people followed me... who cares how many people commented... what matters is that at least 1 person is inspired to create something fantastic in their kitchen.  And I do still feel that way, but for some reason, this other part of me... this strange please love me part of me... makes me get all crazy and I start to worry about silly little things like less comments! lol

Last weekend I told myself to stop putting so much pressure on myself!!  I mean, you, my loyal readers, don't put any pressure on me, so why should I??  I decided to make a change.  I'm no longer going to concern myself with the "what ifs".  I mean you are either going to follow and enjoy my blog or you aren't.  That's just how life goes :)

Why am I confessing all of this to you?  Well, I have decided that instead of trying to either 1.) write two posts on the Friday's I host Fire Day Friday or 2.) have a guest blogger, who's post I have to tweak and sometimes even retype, I thought maybe I would try something new.  Something that isn't going to take a lot of time to put together, yet something you can still enjoy.  Something like a Friday photo day...or something along those lines.

So, starting two weeks from today, there will be a small change to Jenn's Food Journey - I'll still be leaving a link to a tasty recipe that I'll be showcasing on FDF, but you won't have to worry about reading some long rambling confessions :)

With that said.... Don't forget to check out today's Fire Day Friday post - here's a tease:


By the way.... I really wish I could give you all a great big hug!!  I thank you so much for reading my blog and know that for my true fans, this is not going to be a disappointment at all.... so thank you.  Thank you for all of your love and your support... you guys rock!!!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Mac & Cheese with Sriracha Chicken

20 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

I've been wondering how you'd keep up with the long hours, the daily posts, beating the heat and, oh yeah, somewhere in all of that paying attention to your sweetie! This sounds like a perfect solution. I'm right there with ya -- keep your presence visible, or there's so much going on in cyberspace that we'll get lost in the shuffle. But not if it's compromising us -- better a happy Jenn 3-4 times/week than an exhausted Jenn M-F!!! And have no fear -- we'll all just wait for you ... not goin' anywhere without you ... :)

StephenC said...

You don't need to worry. Your fans will read you. Think about it - hardly anyone posts 7 days a week.

Debbie said...

Whether you post once a day, once a week or once a month, the people that really enjoy your blog (like me) will keep checking in. And remember that just because you might get less comments at times doesn't mean less people are visiting. I visit lots of blogs and don't always comment. In fact I have been commenting less and less. Now I only comment if I want to. I used to feel "obligated." Or I would comment because I was hoping for one in return on my blog. I don't feel that way anymore. If people comment, great! We all love comments but if they don't that is okay too.

Mom said...

Finally!! A Jennifer who is less harsh on herself!! You can't imagine the number of people who visit your blog that you are unaware of. I, myself, check your blog every single day, but rarely comment - doesn't mean I don't love your recipes, but I'm your Mom & everyone will think I'm partial!! I've told lots of people about your blog & they've told me how much they enjoy it, but I doubt that they've ever commented. As Yenta Mary said - I'd rather have a happy Jenn than an exhausted Jenn. I know a part of how much you put into your blog & love you for it! Relax - we'll all be here waiting for you "whenever"!!! Love & miss you!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Jenn, I understand how you feel but don't think you have anything to worry about! I don't have time to read anyone's blog more than once a week, which is one of the reasons I post just once a week to mine. So if you posted just once a week, I for one wouldn't forget you! I visit you once a week and read a whole week's worth at once. I'm sure all your readers will stay with you even if you don't post every single day! We LOVE your blog!

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna's kitchen table said...

You're on my google reader list and I love popping in here! So WHENEVER you post I'll be back visiting. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Xx

Jewels said...

Having technical difficulties posting a comment today. Sorry about that.

Just wanted to say, I love your blog! And what mom said :).

Kungfucaveman said...

I check your blog every day, but most of the time I don't comment cause it's such a pain to try and do it on my iPhone. Your blog will still be awesome whether you post once or a dozen times a week. As long as you occasionally post something, I'll be happy

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'll be here to read whatever you post, be it a photo or a dissertation. Fans and followers are just that. We are here because we like youas much as your recipes. Don't fret!Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Good for you Jenn :) As you well know I am lucky to get 5 posts in a MONTH muchless 5 a week!!! Take some time for yourself and your readers WILL be here for you! Now I'm off to read Fire Day Friday :)

Pam said...

The key to a successful blog is to do it because you love it. I would visit your blog even if you only posted once a week. The pork with tzatziki sauce looks FANTASTIC.

Unknown said...

seriously... CHILL OUT MAN!!!... just do what you do and if you feel the pressure then it's not worth it... I know exactly what you mean but if there's no fun then there's no blog... we love what you do and if less means more then all the better! x

Bo said...

Don't sweat blogging...post when you can and don't feel obligated to post...people will still read.

Big Dude said...

I hate you put so much pressure on yourself - I'll stop by whenever you post something.

Unknown said...

girl I was the same way, and it was getting pricey trying to get a new recipe up every day and make the writing fresh and funny. I have slowed down myself.

Unknown said...

Jenn... I would never forget your blog. You don't have to worry about that. Relax. I'd visit your blog even if you only post once a month. Have a great weekend. From your loyal reader and a friend.

Cranberry Morning said...

What can I say? I read all the comments and totally agree with all of them! Posting every single day would be exhausting. I know that I sure can't do it, and usually 3-4 times a week is about all I can manage. We love your blog, Jenn. So there! Now go and have a great weekend. :-)

Chris said...

I'm just happy if I get 3 posts a week out and I try not to worry about it if it's two.

Pam said...

Glad you're giving yourself a break! It is way too hard to post every day. I started out doing that and am down to 2 or 3 days per week now. Your blog is great so take time to enjoy it. People will still read you!!!