Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake Delight

Can you believe, out of all the grilled recipes I have posted, I have yet to post a grilled dessert?  I know it's hard to believe, but it's absolutely, 100% the truth.

Well, let me tell you, this is was a great dessert to start out with.  Ok, so pound cake isn't the lightest of desserts, but sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and go for it!!  This is simple, sweet, and light.  A perfect end to a great grilled summer meal.

Grilled Pineapple Pound Cake Delight
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 1-2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 thick slices of pound cake (store bought or homemade)
butter, room temperature
2 slices of pineapple rings
1-2 Tablespoons slightly melted Nutella (or chocolate sauce/syrup)
Whipped topping or Cool Whip

Directions:
Preheat your grill to 350 degrees F.  Butter both sides of each piece of pound cake.  Place the pineapple rings over the fire and grill about 5-6 minutes per side.  Place the butter pound cake over the fire and grill about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and toasted.  Remove both from grill.

To assemble dessert:  Place the grilled pound cake on a plate and top with pineapple ring.  Drizzle Nutella over top and add a dollop of Cool Whip.  Drizzle more Nutella over top if desired and serve.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Spaghetti with Hot Italian Sausage

12 comments:

StephenC said...

Gee, I just missed the boat here. I bought a whole pineapple but I already cubed it up. I'll get another one. I'm thinking I don't want to buy a pound cake, but there's nothing stopping me from make some French toast. Oh, Nutella, a blast from my past!

Cranberry Morning said...

My daughters are going to be here the first part of next month. They love Nutella, and I bet they'd like this! Who would have thought of grilling a dessert! Looks tasty, Jenn.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Grilled pineapple, YUM! Grilled pound cake, double yum! I can totally see how grilling it would caramelize the cake & add a toasty yummy flavor. Add nutella - you're just genius!

And lucky me, I have a whole pineapple just sitting on the counter, all lonely...maybe it'll have to meet up with pound cake, too :)

Pam said...

Now this sounds really good. I've never tried a grilled dessert, actually we seldom even eat dessert but this is a must try. I love love pineapple!!!

Pam said...

I love grilled pineapple... this dessert is such a great idea!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Fabulous idea!!! I love it! And I sooooo love grilled pineapple. One of my faves for sure.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

what an easy idea, sounds perfect.

Cheeseboy said...

Do you have a really good pineapple upside down cake recipe? I love anything with pineapple, but upside down cake is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Grilled pineapple with nutella is so, so good. Loving this Jenn.

Mary said...

This looks delicious! I just saw a grilled pound cake recipe for the first time yesterday. Now I'm curious and might have to try this. Thanks!! I like your site. I'll be back!

Desi said...

Well that's orgasmic!!! :) I love grilled pineapple. I have never had grilled pound cake, but how could it not be good!? Oh and nutella and whipped cream?! LOVING this grilled dessert. I've never grilled dessert either, now you've got me thinking :)

Chris said...

For the record, grilled pineapple soaked in rum with ice cream is pretty spectacular too, plus...it has rum! ;)

Great looking dessert. It's ironic that you and I don't post them often and we both do it in the same week.