Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jalapeno Beef Kabobs with Roasted Garlic Aioli

For some reason, with all the grilling I do, I have not posted a recipe for kabobs yet.  A year and a half of blogging and no kabobs... I think that might actually be sacrilegious :)

I believe this is a great kabob recipe to start with.  I mean jalapeno and beef - how can you go wrong??  Add a little roasted garlic aioli and ... well... need I say more?

I probably should say more, but really... don't the pictures just speak for themselves?  The steak is marinated in a jalapeno hot sauce and beer and then is laced on skewers with red pepper, onion, and of course, jalapenos!  They are actually fantastic just like that, but you know me and sauces... the aioli was just a given :)

Jalapeno Beef Kabobs with Roasted Garlic Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup jalapeno hot sauce (I used Arizona Gunslinger Green Jalapeno Hot Sauce)
1/2 cup beer
1 lb top sirloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 zucchini, cut lengthwise, then into 1 in chunks
1 large red bell pepper, cut into chunks
3-4 jalapenos, cut into chunks
1/2 sweet onion, cut into chunks
olive oil
salt and pepper
wooden skewers - soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
For the aioli -
4 cloves of garlic, skin on, wrapped in foil, drizzled with olive oil
5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Directions:
Mix together the jalapeno hot sauce and the beer.  Place the cut up steak in a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.  Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 4 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Place the foil wrapped garlic on the grill and allow to "roast" for 8-10 minutes.  Remove and allow to cool.  Squeeze cooled garlic from skins and place in food processor.  Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon.  Pulse until well blended.  Place in serving bowl and set aside.

Remove the steak from the marinade and thread onto the water soaked skewers, alternating in the veggies.  I left the zucchini on a separate skewer as I wanted to cook it for less time.  You can do whichever you way choose.  Place directly over the fire and allow to grill about 8 minutes.  Flip/rotate the skewers and allow to grill another 8 minutes.  Carefully remove from grill.  Serve over rice with roasted garlic aioli and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Strawberry Ice Cream

16 comments:

debbie said...

They look wonderful Jen!!

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, a picture is worth a thousand words, and these photos are speaking LOUDLY to me! I just ate breakfast, and still I hear these kabobs calling me, luring me in ... :)

StephenC said...

I don't do kabobs often because of not owning a grill. They can work on the stovetop grill. I'll email you separately about a discovery we made about jalapenos (totally by accident). I agree about doing the zukes separately. They can be fussy little dudes.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Delicious looking kabobs Jenn! I love the marinade on the beef. What a different & delicious idea, would have never thought to do a jalapeno marinade! Great now I want kabobs for breakfast! :)

Big Dude said...

They look and sound delicious Jenn. I've never used chiles on a kebab but with Bev's changing taste to fire breathing, I'll have to try this.

Bo said...

I'm a sauce person too...I'm going to try this. Just got to find some jalapeño hot sauce.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look gorgeous, Jenn. Your marinade is over the top and I imagine these to be quite satisying and delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Aioli with kabobs - genius. Jalapenos and beef - double genius. I have so much catching up to do with all your wonderful recipes. Excited to get reading!!

Pam said...

This sounds good and spicy. I would've never considered aioli with beef kabobs. It's a great match!

Pam said...

Mmmm. Anything is better with aioli! The kabobs look excellent.

Cranberry Morning said...

Since you probably won't deliver these in time for next week when the kids are home, I am SO making these. This is irresistible! And what a beautiful photo. There's just something about beautiful food that really gets to me!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Yum!!! I love everything on that plate. Especially the dipping sauce...you know how I love your sauces! I'm licking my computer screen now...ok, not really, but I'd like to.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

Well Jenn, I am shocked this is your first kabobs post :) These look scrumptious.

Angie's Recipes said...

Jenn, I love those beef kabobs! Your garlic aioli looks yum too.

Chris said...

Wow, that blows my mind to know it's the first kabob recipe posted here. Yeah, I think that oversite is sac-grill-ligious, ha ha.

Great looking kabob, Jenn!

Robyn said...

Wow, this looks amazing. I love anything with jalapenos!!