Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chorizo Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise

So I had this idea in my head to make chorizo burgers of some kind for a few weeks now.  Once I finally had all the ingredients in front of me, it was really just a matter of choice:  Do I make big ol' burgers out of these, are do I go for the more bite size fun sliders?  After talking to Chris, the decision was easily made - sliders it would be.

Now our sliders were simple, a small slice of tomato, lettuce, a little cheese.  But, the piéce de résistance was the chipotle mayo.  It complemented the spice of the chorizo extremely well.  It was almost as if they were born to be together!

I like to use Hawaiian sweet bread rolls for our sliders, but you can use your favorite slider roll, it's not going to matter, you just need to make these.  There, I said it :)

Chorizo Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4 lb pork chorizo
1/2 lb ground pork
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon chipotle puree
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
cheese
lettuce
sliced tomato
slider buns

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together the chorizo and ground pork until very well combined.  From small patties - I made about 15 patties, approximately 3-inches in diameter.  No need to season these, the chorizo has plenty of flavor, trust me.

In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, chipotle puree, and lime juice.  Set aside.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Place chorizo patties directly over the fire and grill about 5-6 minutes per side.  Top with cheese and grill until cheese is melted.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 4 minutes.  Build your slider by slathering both sides of the buns with the chipotle may, top with slider, lettuce, and tomato.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Lemon Dill Tilapia

9 comments:

debbie said...

Oh do I love these! So perfect for this time of year too! (Hey, we are hitting 100 degrees here again tomorrow.....wow!).

StephenC said...

Tell me about finding buns for sliders. I'd love to make these.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look sinfully delicious. I'd never be able to stop at one. I've come to love the smoky flavor of chipotles and I love the way you've used them here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

My chorizo loving husband would REALLY dig these sliders... actually, so would I!

Big Dude said...

I'm more of a big ole burger guy, but your sliders look and sound amazing, especially with the chorizo in them. I need to get motivated to make some chorizo. I made your ribs with chipotle honey glaze last night - tune in Sat for the post.

Unknown said...

What I like about mini burger is I can eat more of them :) These look so good. I love chorizo.

Desi said...

mmmm I want one! And I bet that chipotle mayo really sets it over the top. I really could eat chipotle mayo with pretty much everything.

Chris said...

How did you like the pork/chorizo blend, did it seem to be about the right mix? I was going to try about half and half before I saw your post.

Yenta Mary said...

I am massively phobic of flying; but I would get on an airplane to invite myself to dinner at your house any day! And if you were serving these (which I may just have to replicate, with the chorizo sitting in my freezer), I would be extra happy to share a meal with you and Chris ... :) Of course, it'd be fun just to get together with you! But food always makes things extra special ....