Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Old Bay® Grilled Fish

The other morning I put on one of my favorite pair of jeans and when I zipped them up, I realized they were a tad bit snug.  UGH!  I knew it was going to happen.  I no longer run around, up and down stairs all day.  Not only do I sit on my butt all day, but the food.. OMG...every other day they have some sort of scrumptious snack floating around the office.  Granted, I don't have to eat it, but I mean.. it's pizza, and donuts, and cookies, and trail mix, and skittles, and then they take us out for frozen yogurt...and did I forget to mention chocolate?  Good gravy!  mmmmmmm...gravy!!!!!!    :)    ANYWAY.... So this morning I made a conscience effort to start eating a bit healthier again.  I even took a salad to lunch...no more being tempted by pizza and beer!

This was a very simple dish to make, sort of a spur of the moment recipe.  It's nothing special, but it's light and healthy and very simple to make.  You could use this same concept on chicken, except I would double the recipe and marinate your chicken in it, instead of just brushing it on.  You could use this on shrimp also...and again, I would marinate it first.  If you didn't want to grill this dish, you can bake it at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  And of course, I've said it before, and I'll say it again... any white fish will do really :)

Old Bay® Grilled Fish 
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay® seasoning
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on how garlicky you want it)
4 Tilapia fillets

Directions:
Preheat your grill to medium.

In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the fish.  Brush both sides of each fillet with mixture and place fish on squares of aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick spray.  Fold and seal the foil into packets.  Place foil packets directly on the grill and grill for 12-14 minutes, turning at least once.  Carefully remove from grill and foil packets.  Enjoy!
 
In case you are interested, the rice side dish is just Garlic Rice with sauteed diced zucchini and bell pepper.    

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Sounds tasty. I've never tried Old Bay, I know I know, the culinary shame of it all!! I'm adding it to my shopping list :)

I hear you on the eating healthier thing, all my summer pants/shorts/capris are a size smaller than I currently am. I guess my chocolate chip cookie addiction isn't helping matters :)

Stephen C said...

For many years we always had Old Bay in the fridge. Don't know why we got out of the habit. Peter was very fond of your lime tilapia last night (as I was, too).

A propos office snacks. Many, many years ago (early '80's in fact) Peter and I were both working at the Kennedy Center for the opera company. Every morning one of us would go across the street to the Watergate Bakery (yes, that Watergate) where we would buy a box of pastry "ends" left over from the previous day. It was about 3 bucks and we all snacked on the stuff. It was wonderful, but fattening? Oy!