Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Caramelized Chicken Breasts with Garlic Rice

This is a MUST try!  The flavor combination was amazing!  I came across the garlic rice recipe on Life's Ambrosia.  I had never actually had garlic rice before, but I love rice..I love garlic..so how could it actually be bad, right?  I really don't know if I'll ever make just plain rice again!  The chicken recipe is my creation.  It's sort of a mix of other recipes I've come across.  The glaze gave the chicken a wonderful flavor...sweet, yet not sweet. The flavors of the rice and chicken together are pretty much a match made in heaven!

One more quick thing, I started a new job yesterday...I was really worried, not because I didn't feel confident enough that I could do the job, it's just I was starting a new job and what if it sucks and what if everyone hates me and what if.........  Well, let me just say, I made the right choice in the matter.  It's going to be challenging and fun and I'm so looking forward to it!  The people seem really nice, the atmosphere is upbeat and positive, and they believe in taking care of their employees.  Sometimes, change IS good. 

Caramelized Chicken Breasts with Garlic Rice
Caramelized Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
pepper
6 Tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup soy sauce
6 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 large garlic clove, minced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.

In a small saucepan, mix soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic and hot sauce together.  Bring to a boil, stir, remove from heat.

Place chicken in prepared baking dish, season with pepper.  Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and bake for 15 minutes.  Remove baking dish from oven and pour remainder or sauce over chicken.  Return to oven and continue baking another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is not longer pink in the middle.  Remove from oven and serve over rice.

Garlic Rice
Loosely adapted from Life's Ambrosia 
Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup Basmati rice, uncooked
2 cups chicken broth
chopped fresh parsley or basil

Directions:
In a saucepan over medium heat combine butter and olive oil. Once butter has melted add garlic and cook one minute.  Stir in rice, cook until rice becomes slightly translucent. Stirring occasionally to make sure rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. About 2-3 minutes.  Rice may brown slightly.

Stir in chicken broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let cook 15-20 minutes. Carefully remove lid, fluff rice with a fork and sprinkle with chopped herbs.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Sounds heavenly! I might make this tonight :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Jenn I made this tonight - LOVED IT!!! So yummy!! thanks for the great recipe, this will become a family favorite I can tell :)