Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grilled Garlic Pepper Chicken

 
I love grilled chicken.  I love grilling chicken.  I must say that I am a pretty good chicken griller....ok, I don't actually think that is a word, but I think you see what I'm getting at.  I have perfected the art of grilling...so my goal this summer is to perfect the art of marinating and/or seasoning my grilled chicken.  This recipe was my first attempt since this goal was made...and boy was it a winner!  Yum!  The chicken has this great spice to it due to the pepper...and then there's that subtle garlic flavor that hits you ...mmmmm..... I think I may have to toot my own horn here... TOOT TOOT :)

Seriously though, if you want something simple for the grill on a week night... you have got to try this recipe.

Grilled Garlic Pepper Chicken
Printable Recipes 
Ingredients:
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
5 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you don't like a lot of spice cut it to 1/4 tsp)

Directions:
Place the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag.  Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over chicken.  Seal bag and massage chicken to make sure it gets well coats.  Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

Preheat your grill to medium, medium-high.  Remove chicken from marinade and place directly on the grill.  Discard marinade.  Grill 5-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Remove from grill and enjoy! 

5 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum!! A big TOOT TOOT to you Jenn, this sounds really good!! My hubby would LOVE this, hmm...he might get it for Fathers Day :)

Stephen C said...

I will have an occasion to try this soon. Peter bought a "value pack" of what he thought was bone-in chicken breasts yesterday for 50% off. When he got home I discovered he had bought chicken wings. (He doesn't see well ... a consequence of glaucoma). They are big ones and a total of 17!

I froze 8 and put the other 9 into a brine overnight. I'm going to cook them this morning - slowly in the oven with butter and hot sauce. When I thaw the other ones (maybe next week) I'll try your recipe (unless you come up with another spectacular creation before then). I considered doing it with the ones I have for today, but don't think it's appropriate given that it's so heavily brined.

Siri said...

I love all your chicken recipes... keep 'em up!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Mmmm, looks good. I love to find new chicken recipes. I've got some in the fridge. Maybe I'll dress it up with this.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Ally said...

This looks heavenly. Way better than the scrambled egg I made myself tonight :(

FourthGradeNothing.com