Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blushing is my new middle name...

How can I say thank you, once again, for being recognized by another blogger?  I guess the only way is to just say it, right?  Well, a tremendously large thanks goes out to Jane over at Going Jane for passing along the Blog with Substance award.  I found Jane's site like a lot of the sites I have found as of late, through Tuesday Tag-Along...a FANTASTIC site to fine new and wonderful blogs.  Jane is a self proclaimed Mac-addict...I mean, right there tells you that we are kindred spirits!  I love her posts with her kids, especially the one with them roping!  Her blog makes me laugh and, I gotta say, it makes me feel at home.  Ok, I didn't grow up on a farm, but I grew up in a small town in Nebraska surrounded by farms.  A lot of my friends grew up on farms...so, well... like I said, it makes me feel at home.  So thank you Jane...not only for the nomination, but for the comfort you bring to my days!

The Rules:
•Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
•Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.
•Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.
_______________________________________________________
My blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using 5 words: Inspiring Creativity in the Kitchen 

There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I have a very hard time trying to pick ones I want to pass these kinds of awards on to. I mean there are just some blogs that I feel have reached celebrity level and how do you hand an award like this to them?  If your followers are in the thousands, you are a blogging celebrity in my book!! I think Alisa over at The Meat and Potatoes Foodie said it best when she said - and I quote - "Oh hey there Pioneer Woman - I know your book was a #1 New York Times bestseller and all and your entire life may soon become a Reese Witherspoon movie, but here you go... The same goes for Noble Pig and One Perfect Bite and other blogs I wish mine could grow up to be like one day." lol  I couldn't have said it better myself Alisa!

Anyway...these are the 10 blogs I feel have extreme substance and deserve to be talked about in the blogging community!

I pass this award on to you:
  1. Alisa, The Meat and Potatoes Foodie
  2. Stephen, The Obsessive Chef
  3. Andrea, The Kitchen Witch
  4. Michelle, All Home Cooking. All Year Long.
  5. Alex, Ma, What's For Dinner?
  6. Ally, Fourth Grade Nothing
  7. Siri, Siriously Delicious
  8. Jenn, Bread + Butter
  9. Yenta Mary, Food Floozie  (I know for sure you've already been giving this award once, but I so love your blog, I couldn't resist giving you the award again!)
  10. Debbie, Mocha Me
So that's it folks... make sure to check out these AMAZING sites...you will not be disappointed!!!

Thanks again Jane....the honor is greatly appreciated!!

8 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Jenn, you are SO sweet -- thank you!!! Been a long day visiting a loved at the hospital, and this has absolutely brightened the day for me ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Thank you Jenn!! And congrats on winning yourself!! I love your blog, you completely deserve this accolade :)

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Oh Jenn - I am sooo happy. This is by the far the highlight of my (moving) day from hell. It's 6 minutes away from midnight and the movers are STILL here. Ugh.

So thank you - thank you - thank you! I promise to spread the love to blogs that I feel are 'of substance' once I'm all set up at the new homestead.

Thanks again dearest! You really are an inspiration to me and I am honored to have been given props by you.

Debbie said...

Thank you so much Jenn for passing on the award to me. I am flattered that you think so highly of my blog. Wow...that really means a lot to me. You are very sweet and I appreciate the award. Thank you again!!!!

Jennifer Sikora said...

Thanks for the heads up on some great blogs! I always love checking these guys out!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh look I came by to get the steak sauce recipe and instead picked up and award. Thanks a bunch, darlin! I'll post awards next week.

Thanks again,

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Ott, A. said...

Thanks for stoppin' by for a Latte'. Big Congrats on your award.

Siri said...

Thank you!!! And CONGRATS, you so deserve that award : )