Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Black & Red Spicy Chicken

I came home from work the other day in an awful mood.  I was snippy and cranky and bitchy and unmotivated.  Really, the last thing I wanted to do was make dinner....but...I really didn't want to go out either.  My solution:  Black & Red Chicken.  Normally, I would not post a recipe where the main ingredient is a spice mix that, I'm pretty sure, very few people have in their pantry, but this gives me a chance to plug my favorite spice store AND share a pretty good (and very simple) recipe.

Penzeys Spices, my all time favorite place to buy spices.  I find that the prices are much better then at the grocery store and I can buy them in different sizes.  I'm not forced to buy a 3 oz jar (or more) of a certain spice I may only use once or twice in a matter of a few months.  If I want to buy a larger quantity of something I use a ton of, like Parsley, or garlic salt, I can do it.  There is only one store here in the valley and it's not that convenient to get to, so I either order on line or I wait until I am out of a lot of different things and make a list.  In my experience with Penzeys', I've always been happy with whatever I have purchased.  This spice...this Black and Red Spice...is no different. 

  

Anyway, now that I'm done pluggin' :)  If you have the chance to purchase this spice, I highly recommend it.  And, if you like the idea behind this recipe but don't want to purchase the spice, you can easily mix cayenne pepper and black pepper together to create the same flavor.

Black & Red Spicy Chicken
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients: 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
garlic salt
Penzey's Black & Red spice (you could use a mixture of cayenne pepper and black pepper too)

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium high.  Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with garlic salt and black and red seasoning.  Grill 5-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.  See, SIMPLE!

 

6 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Simple and delicious! I bet this has a nice fire bite to it. The husband would love it I have no doubt! Hope today is better than yesterday for you Jenn!

Unknown said...

Thanks Andrea! It has already started off better... we have AC!!!! YAY!!! :)

Ally said...

This looks exactly like what my hubs made us for dinner last night. He uses those same hot spices and a quick glance at it makes me think it's actually breaded, boo it's not. Ha ha! Great, now I'm starving! Late dinner tonight!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your chicken has gorgeous color. I suspect it also has man-sized fire and flavor. I'm glad you were able to come up with this so quickly. I'm also glad you've chosen to share it with us. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Another winner! Did you know that you are one of my favorite blogs around? Well, you are! And you prove it I've got a little somethin' somethin' for you over at my place today. Swing on by and take a look.

http://mawhats4dinner.com/it-must-be-award-season/

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Anonymous said...

This looks so simple and delicious! It's definitely something my husband would love, and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing :)