Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grilled Green Beans

That's right... GRILLED green beans.  I believe you can cook just about anything on your grill and sooner or later I will prove it!  Actually, what I would like to do at some point this summer is to take 5 days and only cook on the grill.  And I'm not talking just meat that everyone else cooks on the grill... I'm talking EVERYTHING!  :)  I hear you can even make mac & cheese on the grill...you know I've got to try that one sooner or later!

Anyway.. I'll ramble all day about what I can and cannot cook on the grill.. the point is.. you have got to try cooking your green beans this way.  Fresh green beans on the grill.. there really is no better way to eat them in my book.

If you weren't in the mood to grill these wonderful delicious beans, you can follow all the same directions and then throw them in a preheated oven...I'd say about 400 for 15-20 minutes.

Grilled Green Beans
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
8-10 oz. green beans, trimmed
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 jalapeno, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large bowl, toss together all the ingredients; set aside.  Fold a 36x18inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square.  Bring together 2 opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold.  Fold remaining edges together to enclose the beans, leaving space for steam to build.

Place packet on preheated grill.  Grill for 15 minutes, turning once.  Remove from grill and enjoy!

(Nutritional information:  59 calories; 4g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 0mg cholesterol; 78mg sodium)

10 comments:

Tricia said...

yum, thanks for sharing!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Love the idea of the side dish on the grill cooking alongside the main dish. Yum! The beans look delicious!

Debbie said...

I have never had grilled green beans before. This sounds like a great idea! I'll have to give this a try. Love green beans!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely combination of flavors you've used to make your beans. I've never grilled them but after reading you post I think I'll remedy that soon. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I hope you'll visit often. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Rachel said...

I'm following you back from frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com, thanks for the follow! Those green beans look super yummy!

Unknown said...

Those look great! I've never cooked green beans on the grill before. We just bought the hubby a new one for dad's day, so this will be great to try! :)

Stephen C said...

Remember that grill pan with the holes we discussed the other day. Could that be used for the green beans? Maybe they'd get some caramelization.

Different topic: What's-his-name's "Day Off" on Cooking Channel. Did you see him use his wok as a smoker for salmon and tomatoes? Fascinating!

Sook said...

What a fantastic idea!

Ott, A. said...

I love grillin' anything and everything, so I will definitely give this a try once the green beans in my garden are ready to harvest.

Brownieville Girl said...

What a great idea, I'll make this soon.