Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grilled Sriracha Glazed Chicken

First, let me apologize for the pictures today.  The lighting is way off and far too bright and almost washes this wonderful looking chicken completely out.  I believe I am pictured doomed when it comes to this recipe.  A few weeks ago, I made this chicken and it turned out incredible AND I got a fantastic picture of it.  Let me tell you, I was HAPPY!  Then..wouldn't you know it...I pull a really dumb move while I'm at my computer and before you know it...the pictures were GONE.  Deleted.  Never to return.  I deleted it straight from my little card from my camera, so there was no way to retrieve it at all.  I was bummed...and that's putting it lightly.  The one good thing about that disaster... I got to make this dish again!!!  YUM!  That pretty much sums this dish up!  Granted, if you are not a spicy food lover, this will not appeal to you, but if you can handle heat...you gotta try this!  I created this recipe last year using bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, they ended up being like chicken wings, but breasts :)  I loved it that way, but this time, I had boneless, skinless breasts and figured, what the heck, it can't hurt to try.  I did have to do things just a bit different from the original recipe, but I still think it turned out wonderful!
   
Grilled Sriracha Glazed Chicken
Ingredients:
2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
garlic powder
cayenne pepper (optional)
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon honey

Directions:
Lightly season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.  Cover and let set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.

In a small bowl, melt the butter.  Add the Sriracha, lime juice, and honey.  (if the mixture thickens up, just zap it in the microwave for a few seconds)  Using 2 Tbls of the mixture, brush both sides of the chicken.  Return to the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1-2 hours.

Preheat your grill to medium-high.  Place chicken on the grill, brush with remaining sauce.  Grill for 5-8 minutes.  Flip chicken over, brush with sauce; continue grilling for another 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Remove from grill and ENJOY!

6 comments:

StephenC said...

Gosh, the pictures look more than ok to me. I've got to drag out the sriracha - haven't used it in a while. Hope you have a shady place for your grill.

Michelle said...

Looks fabulous as usual, Jenn. :o) But where are the yummy taters?

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh yeah this sounds good!! Spicy with a touch of sweet, awesome! Your pix are good, I've been having lighting issues too. I blame the bright sun, I got so used to taking pix in the dark of winter that I have no idea what I'm doing when there's real light LOL :)

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

What perfect timing! I finally bought some of the much lauded sriracha. If I am somewhat wimpy about heat do you think I could handle this recipe? If so - I'm on it!

Anonymous said...

I love Sriracha and can't wait to try this!

Jewels said...

This is FABULOUS! Loved it. Even Hubby who does not "do" chicken liked it.