Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know what you're thinking....she baked AGAIN???  After all this talk, day after day, of not using the oven when it's so hot, she BAKED?  No, No, and No!  You can just put that silly thought aside!  I didn't actually bake again, I made these cookies well over a month ago and I'm just now finally getting around to posting about them!  These little devils didn't turn out exactly like I wanted them too, but hey, sometimes that's the way things go in the kitchen.  They weren't bad, believe me, we ate them... boy did we eat them!!  I was just expecting something different, that's all.  Not even necessarily better, just different.  My biggest problem came from the fact that I used too much flour (I've adjusted the amount in this recipe), so the dough was really dry and hard to handle.  Once I figured out a cure for it, they worked a lot better, but I believe it's why they didn't turn out like planned.  Nonetheless, these are peanut butter cookies with chocolate AND peanut butter chips....how can they really be bad, right?

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup peanut butter and milk chocolate chips (you can just use one or the other if you can't find the combo bag)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.

In the bowl of a standing mixer, on low, beat together the sugar, brown sugar and butter until smooth.  Slowly add the egg and then the vanilla.  Once combined, add the peanut butter.  Slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time.  Dough should be moist but not real sticky.  Fold in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Shape dough into balls the size of walnuts, place on cookie sheet and flatten with fork in a crisscross pattern.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies begin to brown on the edges.  Remove from oven and allow to rest on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes.  Transfer to wire rack and allow to fully cool.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum!!! They look delicious. I want peanut butter cookies now, thanks Jenn :)

Michelle said...

This morning, I made peanut butter chocolate pancakes. :)

These look fantastic.