Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Basil & Lime Tilapia with Basil Aioli

I do love aioli.  Maybe it's my love for mayonnaise, maybe it's my love for sauces, maybe it's a mixture of both? Either way, I love it!! The first time I had aioli, I was hooked.  I literally could have just eaten it with a spoon. MMMMMMMM!!  This aioli was no exception.  Granted, I should probably try and make one from pure scratch, with homemade mayo and everything, but honestly, it feels like a ton of work and I know how easy it is to screw up....so I buy mayo and make my aioli with that....call the cops, see if I care!  You are gonna wanna try this recipe first, then maybe you won't be so ashamed of me!  Of course, I grilled this fish in a foil packets, but you can bake them just as easily.  I don't think I have to keep telling you how warm it gets here.. and well.. in all honesty, I really like grilling.  It's sort of my calling outside of the kitchen :)  This fish was light and fresh and very flavorful, but I believe the basil aioli is what really makes the dish.  Shocking, huh?  The sauce is my favorite part of the meal!

Basil & Lime Tilapia with Basil Aioli
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 Tilapia fillets
2 Tablespoons lime juice
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons tequila
pepper to taste

For Aioli:
3 Tablespoons finely chopped basil
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon olive oil

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except for the fish.  Place the fish in a Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the fish.  Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Mix together all ingredients for the aioli.  Place in refrigerator until you are ready to use.

Preheat your grill to medium.

Tear off squares of aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.  Seal up into packets and place directly on the grill.  Grill for 12-14 minutes, turning once.  Carefully remove from grill and foil packet...serve with basil aioli on the side... Enjoy!  


6 comments:

StephenC said...

I am definitely going to make this later in the week. I'll need to do it in the oven. What temperature do you recommend?

Jewels said...

Yum! That looks great! If you like asparagus, Aioli sauce on top sprinkled with paprika is super good too.

Unknown said...

Stephen, I would bake it at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

Jewels.. I am not a fan of asparagus, but put some aioli on it.. and I just might become one!! :) Thanks for the tip!

Pam said...

Oh no, I just made tilapia a couple of night ago. This is definitely a keeper that I will try! It's chilly and raining here, send some warm weather this way!

Anonymous said...

This was very good. I grilled directly on the grill and it was great. I cooked some of the marinade and brushed it on throughout. Made whole artichokes with it. The aioli sauce was good with that too.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Anonymous...I'm glad you like it. This was a favorite of ours too! Thanks for giving me your thoughts on the recipe! Ciao!