Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

If you have read my blog for a while now, you may have noticed that I use a lot of panko bread crumbs.  Well, I have a confession to make.  I LOVE panko!  I came across panko just by chance.  I can't remember exactly which recipe was the first one to bring it to my attention, but since I've found it, I will use them over regular bread crumbs whenever I can.  Not only do I love panko, but I love parmesan cheese (ok, I like any kind of cheese). This recipe brings two of my favorite things together, now how can that be a bad thing?  This is a JFJ (Jenn's Food Journey) original.  You can use this on chicken or fish and it is scrumptious if I do say so myself (and I do)!


Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Ingredients:
2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine the mustard, oil, and thyme.  In another bowl, mix together the panko and parmesan cheese.  Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, then brush them all over with the mustard mixture.  Place chicken in the baking dish and spread the panko/parm mixture on top.

Bake for 18-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the crust is golden brown.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum! I too love panko. And cheese. :) Looks delicious! Seeing your zucchini on the plate makes me long for my garden and over productive zucchini plants :)

Stephen C said...

We use Panko often. As well, we often have leftover breads of various kind. Peter toasts them and whacks them with a rolling pin. As these breads are often flavored (rosemary/garlic, rye, or some such thing) they make very flavorful coatings. But, there is always Panko in the pantry.

Peter used to make a coating for chicken using mustard. The problem we had was that he sauteed it and the coating often came off. Baking is surely the way to go.

Amy said...

I love panko! This looks delicous!