Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bacon & Tomato Pasta

 
I have a lot of favorite dishes, but this one...this one ranks right up there with my mom's tacos!  I have not tried a ton of Guy Fieri's recipes, but the ones I have tried have been incredible! (This one being the top pick)

Who here doesn't like bacon?  Go ahead, don't be shy......anyone?  No one?  Bacon is one of those foods that the majority of people will admit to liking.  Bacon is now such a food trend that you can even find recipes out there for bacon donuts or bacon muffins, heck, I've even tried bacon ice cream before!  (It was a bit strange.  I mean I love ice cream, I love bacon....but together it was a bit odd)  I guess my point is...well, I don't know what my point is...I keep thinking of this dish and my mind suddenly wanders, sorry!  Seriously, though, try this, you will not be disappointed! 

  

Bacon & Tomato Pasta
Adapted from Guy Fieri 
Ingredients:
16 oz. Angel Hair or Spaghetti pasta
1 lb. bacon, chopped
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large shallot, finely diced
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup red wine
4 tablespoons basil, chiffonade
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a large saute pan over medium heat, add bacon and saute until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon to drain on a paper towel-lined plate and remove 3/4 of the bacon fat from the pan. Add extra-virgin olive oil, onions, and red chili flakes. Cook until onions are translucent, add garlic, cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes. Saute for 5 minutes, then deglaze with wine.

Drain pasta and add to the tomato mixture pan. Add basil and bacon. Toss with Parmesan, and add salt and pepper, to taste.  Enjoy!  

   

3 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Good lord Jenn, now what am I going to have for dinner? My originally planned meal or this???? Decisions, decisions :) This sounds so so SO good! Must make...soon!

Amy said...

This looks absolutely delicious! And what doesn't taste better with bacon??? :)

Unknown said...

Andrea...you know you want to make this tonight!! hehe

And yes, Amy.. everything tastes better with bacon...if you don't believe me, start saving some bacon grease, when a recipe calls for oil, substitute half the oil for the bacon grease..mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Ok, not completely healthy, but good!!