Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Creamy Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

I have been craving decadent foods lately.  This dish totally satisfies that craving.  This is not something I would recommend making too many times a month, but if you want to indulge every now and then...mmmmmmmm... take a shot at this recipe.  It is so creamy and rich and comforting.  I'll admit to you that it was so rich and heavy, I could only eat one enchilada.  Believe me, they are so good, one just doesn't cut it. (for your mouth at least..your stomach on the other hand, is well satisfied!)

The pictures might not actually do this dish justice.  I have to admit one more thing, I wanted to eat these so badly I really didn't take a lot of time with the pictures.  All I could think about was digging into them!!  These would be really good with Mexican rice, Chris isn't a fan of Mexican rice, so you just made garlic rice, which is quickly becoming my favorite way to make rice!!  MMMMMMMMMMMMM....creamy ranch...MMMMMM!!!

Creamy Ranch Chicken Enchiladas
Adapted from Annie's Eats
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & pepper
8 oz. reduced fat sour cream
8 oz. Ranch salad dressing
Flour tortillas (I used 4 large ones and stuffed them pretty good)
2 Tablespoons chopped green chilies (from a can)
1 Roma tomato, diced
Shredded Mexican blend cheese (I used about 1-2 cups)

Directions:
Cut the chicken into bite size chunks or strips.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cook the chicken in a saute pan for about 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink the in middle.  Set aside to cool.

While the chicken is cooking, mix the sour cream and Ranch dressing together.  Pour half of the sauce mixture into a small bowl and add the chopped green chilies.  Add the chicken to the the other bowl and mix to combine.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a 9"x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Take one tortilla and place some of the chicken mixture into the center of it.  Roll up the tortilla and place, seam side down, in the prepared baking dish.  Repeat until all the chicken mixture is gone.  Pour the remaining sauce mixture over all the tortillas.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese and tomatoes.  Bake for about 25 minutes.  Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.  Enjoy!  

P.S... these were still really, really good two days later for lunch!!! YUM!

4 comments:

Stephen C said...

I didn't make note of your garlic rice when I first saw the chicken recipe it went with. As Rachel Ray is fond of saying: if you both eat garlic it cancels itself out. We'll try this soon.

Michelle said...

Mmmmm this sounds SO GOOD! Definitely going on my to-cook list!!!

Michelle said...

PS Jenn, stop by my blog for an award. :)

http://cookathome2010.blogspot.com/2010/03/another-award-im-humbled.html

Aggie said...

Oh man, that looks awesome! Making me hungry...