Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Baked Parmesan Tilapia

This is a dish that is not meant for the health conscience.  I mean two of the ingredients are butter and mayonnaise.  You can use low fat mayo, but still.. look at the picture...check out that puddle of yummy buttery goodness that surrounds the fish..like I said, not meant for those on a diet.  If you aren't worried about your waistline, though, you gotta try this.  It's amazingly good.  It is probably Chris's favorite fish recipe that I make.  I don't really know what else to say about it other then look at it....

 
You know you want to try it :)

Baked Parmesan Tilapia
Adapted from All Recipes.com 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
4 tilapia fillets (or any other white fish)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together except for the fish.  Arrange the fish in a single layer in the prepared baking dish.  Cover the fish evenly with the parmesan mixture.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Turn oven on to broil.  Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.  Enjoy!   

2 comments:

Stephen C said...

Sounds great. I think I'd make it with bread crumbs and cheese so it would be crunchy. Then use the mayo and lemon juice (along with a tiny bit of dill pickle)to make a tartar sauce. Hmmm, going to do this soon!

Victor said...

I found your blog from one of my local food bloggers. Hope to share recipes in the future.

I love tilapia, I agree with StephenC, egg with bread crumbs is the best combo for to keep all the fish juice with a crunch to it.