Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grilled Chicken with Mango Habanero Aioli

This dish was not what I had originally planned on making.  I used to get really upset.. ok, not upset, but it used to throw me quite a bit when that happened.  Now?  Now I just roll with the punches.  No sense letting a little thing like something not turning out exactly like you expected ruin your night.  Nope, I figure as long as it's still edible, you really didn't do anything wrong.  And this meal was quite edible.... quiet edible indeed!  And very, very tasty to boot!  Oh yes, I'm sure it had everything to do with the mango habanero aioli, but I'm not upset about that at all... :)

Grilled Chicken with Mango Habanero Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
For the aioli -
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons mango preserves or chutney
1 habanero pepper, finely minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix together the yogurt, lime juice and paprika until well combined.  Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel.  Season with salt and pepper and place in resealable bag. Pour the yogurt mixture over it, seal, and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the mayo, lemon juice and Dijon until smooth.  Add in the preserves and habanero and mix until well combined.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before serving.  Serve with aioli and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Two Years Ago:  Baked Parmesan Tilapia

16 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

How could you possibly go wrong with that combination! It sounds and looks amazing.

StephenC said...

I find that sometimes it's hard to know what to do with chutney. Well, here's a thing to do with chutney!!!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Love the mango in the sauce. The habanero makese me sweat just thinking about it! Looks really tasty Jenn, light and summery.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It looks like a great grill dish. I think it sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I have a feeling that aioli would make anything taste better!

Yenta Mary said...

A little sweet, a little spicy, fabulous flavor!!!

Big Dude said...

Nice thing about being a good cook is even the ones that aren't perfect are still very good. The aioli sounds delicious.

Mary said...

That aioli sounds great, Jenn. I am always so impressed with her perfect your grilled chicken looks!

Mrs. L said...

I love the combo of the mango preserves and habanero here. Must give this a try. I'm sure it will wake up some of my plain roasted chicken breasts too!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Jen, that mango sauce sounds fantastic! Wonderful recipe and great new idea for grilled chicken. Thanks!

Lea Ann (Highlands Ranch Foodie) said...

Looks good to me, I like the idea of using preserves or chutney in the aioli.

Candace said...

I am trying to figure out how this could possibly be wrong, Jenn. I am a sucker for Mango anything. It looks fantastic!

Becki's Whole Life said...

Love this aioli...the sweet and the super spicy sounds perfect with grilled chicken!

Chris said...

Wow! A whole habanero to only 1/4 cup of mayo, that aioli must be smoking hot! Sounds great.

Unknown said...

mango habanero aioli sound utterly delicious, especially with the grilled chicken. Bright, summery flavours.

Desi said...

This makes me so happy! What a beautiful shot of grilled chicken! And that sauce so nicely drizzled atop?!? Your sauce sounds phenomenal. Bookmarking!