Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Ranch Slaw

My apologies for the pictures... I guess I must have been pretty darn hungry because I did not get any real good pictures of this meal - which sort of bums me out cause this meal was AWESOME!!  The inspiration for this meal from from my favorite Grill Grrrl - Robyn.  I know I have mentioned before that I secretly want to be Robyn and this recipe is one of the many reasons why!  Her idea was very simple, take chicken, marinated it wing sauce, and slap it on slider rolls.  I decided to take that and run with it.  I made my own wing sauce and decided to use a Ranch coleslaw to top it off with - but definitely check out Robyn's site as she has a recipe for a blue cheese dip that some of you might really enjoy!
 
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Ranch Slaw
Created by Jenn's Food Journey, Inspired by Robyn the Grill Grrrl
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons buttermilk
2 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and cut into 3-4 pieces
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce
Slider rolls/buns
For the Ranch coleslaw-
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Ranch dressing
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 package coleslaw mix
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix together the buttermilk and 2 tablespoons hot sauce until well combined.  Rinse chicken, pat dry, and place in a resealable bag.  Pour the buttermilk mixture of the chicken, seal, and refrigerate for 2 hours.  Meanwhile mix together the butter and remaining 3 tablespoons of hot sauce; set aside.

To make the coleslaw:  In a large bowl, mix together the mayo, Ranch, vinegar and sugar.  Add the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade.  Place the chicken over the fire and grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until the chicken reaches on internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F.  Remove from grill and allow to cool a bit before serving.  Serve on slider buns and top with ranch coleslaw.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Sauce
Two Years Ago:  Tuscan Chicken with Pasta Medley

13 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

I think my family would really enjoy this Jenn, it looks so good!

Big Dude said...

Looks good from here and I like using the buttermilk in your marinade

StephenC said...

Every time I see buttermilk being used I make a quiet vow to get some. Then I forget. This time, darn it, I'm not going to forget.

Mary said...

Once again, you've made my mouth water before breakfast. This looks good to me, Jenn.

Mary Bergfeld said...

My family would really enjoy these wings. I love the slaw you used as a topper. I'll wager these are delicious.Have a great day.Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Theres 2 people in my life that would be beyond happy to eat this. They LOVE Franks Red Hot. Seriously, it's bought by the gallon. Those people are my sister and husband. I must make this for them :) Thanks for making them really happy LOL! PS I think it's a great sandwich idea too. Franks is awesome, just enough heat and lots of flavor. Yum yum yum!

tinyskillet said...

I should really make this great sandwich, my daughter orders anything similar every time we go out to eat. It looks great to me!!

Pam said...

My husband and I would really dig these sliders. Great flavors!

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, don't apologize for a photo that made me feel a pang of hunger as soon as the page pulled up! Looks amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Really! I want to come over for dinner!
Mary x

Candace said...

I am loving that Ranch Slaw on the Buffalo Chicken!

Chris said...

Robyn does rock, doesn't she, but so do you! Loving the ranch slaw, I have to try that.

Unknown said...

I understand about the pictures. I very often cannot be bothered styling my food around... i want to eat it straightaway!
The chicken sliders looks fab Jenn. Spicy and with the cool ranch coleslaw, simply delicious.