Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Baked Lemon Breadcrumb Tilapia

Not that many people probably remember, but, this is very similar to a recipe I posted a while back for Tilapia Oreganata, but I had to post this.  It's just too tasty and too simple not to share.  The topping is zesty and crunchy and goes perfectly with an easy lemon aioli.

Baked Lemon Breadcrumb Tilapia
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon plain, unseasoned breadcrumbs
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 spring fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely minced
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tilapia fillets

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  Rinse the tilapia and pat dry.  Place in prepared baking dish.  In a bowl, mix together the panko, unseasoned breadcrumbs, lemon zest, rosemary and garlic until well combined.  Toss in 1/2 the lemon juice and.  Season with salt and pepper.  Drizzle remaining juice over the tilapia and top with breadcrumb mixture.  Drizzle with olive oil.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serve with tartar sauce or lemon aioli if desired.  Enjoy!

 

One Year Ago:  Guest Blogger - Creamy Avocado Pasta 
Two Years Ago:  Bacon & Tomato Pasta

12 comments:

StephenC said...

I remember well the oreganata. They say that bacon makes everything better, but the truth is lemon is more healthy and a remarkable condiment.

Yenta Mary said...

It's beautiful! The lemon aioli would be ideal!

Anonymous said...

Great use of Tilapia - masterful stroke with the aioli!
Mary x

Cranberry Morning said...

Yes, one can hardly go wrong with lemon and rosemary. Lovely! It looks amazing.

Mary said...

This sounds delicious. I haven't bought Tilapia in a while. I am adding it to me list now. That lemon aioli sounds awesome with it.

Pam said...

I love this!!!! Bookmarked.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely way to prepare the tilapia. This looks delicious. I hope all is well. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Lea Ann said...

I like this! I just bought a big bag of frozen fillets and now looking for tilapia recipes.

Candace said...

Yes, ma'am! That is definitely worthy of sharing. I am so craving fish, Jenn. It looks faaaantastic.

Becki's Whole Life said...

I do a very similar dish with the crispy panko and lemon - it's sooo good. I am going to make the aioli the next time I make it - love that!

Chris said...

When I wake up one day and the news reports that talapia are extinct, I'll know who did it :) ;)

Desi said...

Yay, back with your tilapia recipes! This one's a keeper!!