Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Chicken Stir Fry with Hoisin Pineapple Sauce

I really wanted to make this stir fry on the grill tonight.. a little peer pressure (ok, there was really no pressure, it just sounds good) from Chris at Nibble Me This could have been the reason... but, wouldn't you know it, the wind picked up and I have nowhere to hide from it, so I decide to use the boring old stove.  Next time, Chris, next time....

This is yet another simple stir fry packed with a lot of flavor.   You could even use pork or beef with this sauce if you wanted to - although I would recommend the pork over the beef - pork just goes so much better with pineapple.  Either way... simple and tasty... it's a must try!

Chicken Stir Fry with Hoisin Pineapple Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha
3 Tablespoon Hoisin
1 1/2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
3 Tablespoons pineapple juice
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or bite size chunks
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
1 large orange pepper, thinly sliced
1 large garlic clove, finely minced

Directions:
In a large measuring cup, mix together the Sriracha, Hoisin, soy sauce and pineapple juice until well combined; set aside.

In a wok or deep, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.  Add the chicken and quickly stir fry 4 minutes.  Add the snap peas and pepper and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.  Add the garlic and stir fry 1 minute.  Stir in the sauce mixture and bring to a boil.  As soon as the sauce starts to thicken, remove from heat, stirring to make sure everything is combined.  Serve over rice or noodles.  Enjoy!

 
One Year Ago:  Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza 
Two Years Ago: Chicken Tortilla Pizza


9 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

A little sweet, a little spicy, LOTS of flavor!!! Tempting me, as always ... :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yum! I can't think of anything else to say other than yum and I wish I had a fork. Pineapple, YUM! Stir fry, yum, all together now, YUM!!!

Pam said...

I always feel guilty when I use my grill pan instead of the grill because I know Chris is shaking his head at me.

I am loving the stir fry - I bet the pineapple made this one extra tasty.

Cranberry Morning said...

I haven't eaten Hoisin sauce for years - but it was one of my Very favorite things. This recipe looks amazing - and I love all those flavors. I'll have to check on it again. I'd love to have this for dinner some time this week!

Pam said...

This sounds great, Jenn! I love the Sriracha with the pineapple and have to try that. Lots of spicy good flavor here!

Lea Ann (Highlands Ranch Foodie) said...

I've never stir-fried on the grill. (don't tell Chris) We had terrible wind from the South on Sunday, guess we weren't alone.

Unknown said...

I agree with you. Pork is better with pineapple than beef. Fantastic Jenn. The sauce looks so good, sweet and sticky.

Chris said...

Moi...peer pressure? Neva!

I like all the sweet flavors in this sauce, I have to try this one.

Brandi said...

Pineapple in a stir fry sounds delicious. I never thought to add that in before. I bet the sweet with the spicy tastes great.