Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Sauce

Ok, this was seriously good.  Sometimes you just need to pat yourself on the back...hang on while I do that :)  Seriously, (I know I just said that, but seriously) this was incredibly easy and incredibly DELICIOUS!!

I think you all know my feelings on sauces by this point - A sauce can make a fabulous dish, heavenly.  A sauce can make a so-so dish, incredible.  A sauce can make you laugh...it can make you dance...it can.........well, I love sauce, enough said.

I love to grill during the week, too.  It's quick and simple.  I always make sure the marinade or rub is simple and uses few ingredients.  And of course, the sauce, the sauce must be simple, yet flavorful.  This recipe is all of that. 

Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Sauce
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 - 1 teaspoon horseradish (depends on the spiciness you want)

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoons mustard, olive oil and 1 teaspoon rosemary.  Rinse chicken and pat dry.  Rub the mustard mixture over both sides of the chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees.  Rub the grill grates with oil.  Place the chicken directly over the fire and cook for 8-10 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked all the way through.

While the chicken is grilling, combine remaining Dijon (1T), remaining rosemary (1tsp), mayonnaise, and horseradish in a bowl.  Stir until well combined.  Serve with chicken.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Tuscan Chicken with Pasta Medley

11 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Oo, I love the addition of horseradish in this sauce! Mmmmm.

StephenC said...

Cranberry beat me to the punch to be your first comment this morning. I'm glad you're out there to remind me of things I don't always think about - like sauces!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I won't lie, even I will overlook the mayo for horseradish!! Love that spicy stuff!! What a yummy weekday dish. Gotta try this one soon!

Pam said...

I love how simple this dish is... the sauce sounds fantastic.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You are my sauce goddess!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Angie's Recipes said...

Chicken sounds terrific with creamy mustard sauce!

We Are Not Martha said...

Yum! I love any recipe that takes chicken and kicks it up a few notches :) Rustic mustard sauce sounds amazing!!

Sues

Mary Bergfeld said...

I really love that mustard sauce. It would be great with pork as well as chicken. I'll have to give it a try. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Rivki Locker said...

OK, now you've REALLY got me pining for summer. It's still pretty cold here in New Jersey but I think we have some warm weather coming. Just might be time to dust off that grill and start the summer cooking!

Unknown said...

Anything with mustard and/or horseradish sounds delicious to me. The sauce looks very silky. Very nice with the chicken or perhaps to dip with your awesome mustard potatoes. :)

Chris said...

Holy stuff on a stick, that looks good, Jenn! That sauce sounds divine. Great job, I gotta try this one, it would rock as a sandwich on ciabatta bread.