Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yogurt Marinated Chicken

 
I fell in love with this recipe last summer.  I know I've said this before, but last year when Chris and I moved in together, my parents gave us a grill.  I had always wanted a grill of my own, but always lived in apartments where they were not allowed.  So when I finally got my own, I grilled almost every night for 4 months straight!  This recipe, was ranked as one of our favorites.  It's simple, it's moist, it's delicious!

I served this with a simple sauce of ranch dressing mixed with a little sriracha hot chili sauce, but I'd recommend trying the Dijon-May dip that is posted with the original recipe, it compliments the chicken amazingly well!  (or use the sauce from my Honey Mustard Chicken recipe, it's killer too!!) 

Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Adapted from Bread + Butter 
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
6 oz plain non-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon dry rosemary
1 teaspoon dry thyme
1 teaspoon paprika (I used Hungarian Sweet Paprika)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions:
Place the chicken in a resealable bag, season with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.  Pour sauce over chicken and marinate for 1 hour.

Preheat your grill.  When grill is ready, grill chicken until no longer pink in the middle, about 6-9 minutes each side depending on the thickness of the chicken.  Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I've never tried a yogurt marinade but I will soon! This looks SO good!

Ashleigh said...

Ya, I agree with Andrea.