Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grilled Tilapia with Garlic Parsley Aioli

That's right... it's back by popular demand:  Tilapia!!  :)  As my pal Stephen would say, the Tilapia Tootsie is back!  Unfortunately, this post is really about the aioli, though.  I mean, the tilapia was good, but it's definitely nothing special without the aioli!

Now you can chop everything up in a food processor like I did, but let me warn you.  I believe chopping the garlic in the food processor made the aioli have that much more garlic flavor.  I could be wrong, but it seems that the oils in the garlic were released a heck of a lot more by being processed instead of just being minced by hand.  The flavor was almost overpowering.  I have made this before with just hand chopping the ingredients and the harshness of the garlic was not so bad.  So I will leave it up to you - the recipe is written as if you are chopping everything by hand, but just know, you can easily use your food processor to make things easier.

Grilled Tilapia with Garlic Parsley Aioli
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves

Directions:
Spray 4 squares of aluminum foil big enough to make packets for the fish with non stick cooking spray.  Place each fillet on the foil and drizzle evenly with the olive oil. 
Season each fillet evenly with lemon pepper seasoning and paprika.  Form a packet, sealing the fish in the foil.


Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.  In a bowl, add the mayo, Dijon, and lemon juice; stirring to combine.  Add the garlic and parsley and stir until smooth and combined.  Set aside.  Place the fish packets over the fire and grill for 10-12 minutes; rotating packets half way through grilling time.  Carefully remove from foil packets.  Serve with aioli and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Raspberry Chipotle Chicken

13 comments:

Unknown said...

isnt aioli simply the best sauce in the world... fabulous with chips i'm afraid too!

StephenC said...

Welcome back, Tootsie.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I had wondered where the tilapia went! :) You are so right about garlic in the FP vs chopped by hand, the FP really pulverizes the garlic and the more its chopped up it is, the more cellular damage done to the garlic so the more garlicy it tastes.

Big Dude said...

The aioli queen strikes again - sounds delicious

Pam said...

I think you are right about the garlic being stronger when processed. I think the aioli would make the tasty tilapia even tastier!

You really need to make a sauce cookbook woman!

Mary said...

Your sauces make me so hungry, Jenn! I'll second Pam's suggestion for a sauce cookbook.

Angie's Recipes said...

I love the sauce! This looks divine!

Unknown said...

Glad to see "the return of the tilapia" (sounds like a film title doesn't it?) The aioli is just wonderful. Yum.

Desi said...

So glad to see your tilapia recipes back! I was starting to worry lol :) MMM... I'd have to throw the garlic in the processor to get that overwhelming garlic flavor! Love!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Now THAT'S how I like my fish, with a generous amount of tasty sauce! I'm sort of like you about sauces, I guess - who cares about the fish (or whatever), it's all about the sauce!

Chris said...

You're probably right about the food processor.

World Of Warcraft Gold said...

The aioli is just wonderful. Yum.
Does anyone about to get andBuy World Of Warcraft Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safeRS Gold, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.

Unknown said...

Just made this for a lunch, we as a family enjoyed it and Indigo ate a whole one to herself. Thanks