Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pork Chops with Pineapple BBQ Sauce

My parents will be here later this evening!  I'm really looking forward to having them out here.   I plan on not cooking anything new while they are here, so I might miss a day or two of posting, but I'm totally ok with that - I mean my parents come out maybe once a year... I like to enjoy all the time I can with them.

I will entice you today with something extremely delicious, though!  This barbecue sauce is a little sweet and a little tangy and works perfectly with pork.  Yes, it would work just as well on chicken, but there is something about pork and pineapple that just seems like it was meant to be!

Pork Chops with Pineapple BBQ Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 pork chops
For BBQ Sauce -
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup ketchup
1 1/2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon hot sauce (I used Cholula)

Directions:
Mix together the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and pepper until well combined.  Place the pork in a resealable bag or shallow dish and pour brine over.  Seal/cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

In a saucepan over medium heat, add all the ingredients for the sauce and stir to combine.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.   Let simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken; stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F and oil the grill grates.  Remove pork chops from brine and rinse thoroughly under cool water.  Pat dry and brush each side with the cooled barbecue sauce.  Place directly over the fire and grill for 4-8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 145F.  Remove from grill and serve with pineapple bbq sauce on the side.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Tilapia with Orange Glaze

8 comments:

Big Dude said...

I can't see the inside but the plumpness of the chop makes me believe you cooked it perfectly. Enjoy all the parental time you can.

StephenC said...

This may be a wacky idea, but what if I bought a small can of pineapple and busted it up in the food processor and then added some of it to the brine and then more of it to the sauce? Thing is I'm not crazy about pineapple juice by itself in terms of what to do with leftovers.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love pineapple and pork!! What a delicious chop Jenn. Totally bookmarking this one :) Enjoy your parental time and have fun!!!

Stephen, I'd be leary of using pineapple juice in the brine. Pineapple has an enzyme in it that acts as a meat tenderizer, but if its in contact with the protein too long it turns it mushy and gross. I learned this last Christmas when I pureed fresh pineapple into a glaze, which was delicious, but it gave the outside of my ham a nasty granular chewed up texture. Not attractive LOL :)

Pam said...

Bookmarked. I think pork and pineapple are a match made in heaven. Have a wonderful time with your folks.

Yenta Mary said...

Pork and bbq sauce, and pork and pineapple - each is a perfect pairing. Putting them all together??? Genius!!! Say "hi" to your parents for me ... :)

Mary said...

This looks fantastic, Jenn! I love the sauce.

Candace said...

Oh how I love sauce! These look sooooo good. I hope you are having a wonderful time with your family.

Chris said...

Like Pam, I book marked this too! I can't wait to try the sauce.