Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Grilled Shrimp and Mini Sweet Peppers with Benihana Sauce

My favorite part of this meal?  The sweet mini peppers.  I know that sounds silly because in all honesty, I didn't do a thing to the sweet peppers.  But there was something about those peppers...grilled...dipped in that yummy sauce.  MMMMMMMM!!  Let's just say... the shrimp was good, but the peppers and sauce were divine!


Grilled Shrimp and Mini Sweet Peppers with Benihana Sauce
Sauce adapted from Top Secret Recipes
Printable Recipe 

Ingredients:
1 dry pint vine sweet mini peppers (about 20-24)
38 frozen extra large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt
pepper
For the Sauce -
5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ketchup
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper 

Directions:
Put the mini sweet pepper and shrimp in a large bowl.  Toss with olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce until well combined.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat grill to 350-375 degrees and oil the grill grates.  Thread the shrimp onto skewers and thread the mini peppers on their own separate skewers.  (if using wooden skewers, make sure they have soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)  Place the shrimp and pepper skewers directly over the fire and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side for the shrimp and 5-6 minutes per side for the peppers.  Carefully remove from grill.  Serve with Benihaha Shrimp sauce.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Mustard Butter

7 comments:

StephenC said...

I am totally unfamiliar with these little peppers. Do they have another name? I love the look of them.

Big Dude said...

I love plain ole grilled sweet peppers (or fried or roasted or chiles or ...) but never had a sauce for them - I'll have to give it a try. Pimento peppers are larger than what you used, but they are delicious on the grill should you ever run across them.

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, shrimp isn't my thing, but you've made it look the best I've ever seen and pretty impossible to pass up. Beautiful plate arrangement. Love those peppers!

Pam said...

Awesome. I think I would love the peppers the most too. I love the little guys and dipped in that sauce? Perfect. The shrimp look mighty tasty too.

Unknown said...

Grilled peppers are wonderful. The sauce to go with the meal is simply divine Jenn.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Dang I love Top Secret Recipes! I wonder who these secret soldiers are...people like me and you or MIB types?? Well either way I'll take it. As well as the peppers or anything else edible I can dip in that sauce!

Chris said...

I love buying bags of those mini sweets when they have them at Sam's Club here in Knox. And ummmmm you DID do something to them. GRILLING! That concentrates their natural sugars making them even sweeter. Great post!