Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chili Lime Cholula Shrimp and Pepper Skewers

The weather has cooled down just a bit here.  I love that we are 100 degrees one week and then next... it's only 80!  Hey, I'll take what I can get, trust me.  I will not complain about the cool down.  It has been quite nice.  Heck, we even got to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air over the weekend!  Of course, it's still perfect weather for grilling!!  With that said, I really wanted to try out the chili lime Cholula(**) on some shrimp.  It just seemed like the best flavor combo for shrimp.  Although, I will say that the Chili Lime Cholula is not one of my favorites, it does work really well with this recipe.  It brings a bit of summer to this dish, which I love...  And honestly, you just can't go wrong with shrimp on the barbie :)

Chili Lime Cholula Shrimp and Pepper Skewers
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
- Serves 2 -
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
36 extra large shrimp (thaw, peel, and devein if necessary)
2 Tablespoons chili lime Cholula
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
1/2 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 poblano pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes)
lemon aioli (optional)

Directions:
Place the shrimp in a bowl.  Add the Cholula and oregano; toss to coat.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Thread the shrimp and peppers on to the skewers.  Place the skewers on oil grill grates directly over the fire.  Grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until the shrimp are cooked through and the peppers are slightly charred.  Carefully remove from grill.  Serve with lemon aioli if desired.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Chipotle Mexican Rice
(**The thoughts and comments regarding the Cholula product are that of Jenn's Food Journey.  I was not compensated for my review**)

9 comments:

debbie said...

One great picture. Looks delicious...I can eat shrimp anytime! I will take your 80 degree weather...we are having rain here...AGAIN!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Beautiful shot Jenn! The shrimp look so good! Didn't even know there was a lime chilie Choula, I'll have to look for that one. Enjoy the cooler weather :)

Desi said...

Must. buy. Chili Lime Cholula!!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, that photo sells even ME (not a shrimp fan) on this recipe. I would love this for dinner tonight!

Big Dude said...

Great looking plate of food Jenn

Pam said...

Enjoy your weather - it's been cold and rainy for days! Better to pack in but I hope it stops raining for the big move.

Wishing you were my neighbor right now so I could sneak over to your house and eat dinner with you. Sigh. The shrimp looks perfect.

We Are Not Martha said...

Oh how I love shrimp! Especially with chili and lime! This looks so pretty, too :)

Sues

Chris said...

The thing I like about shrimp is how you always know when they are done by the tails turning pink. It doesn't get easier than that!

xl pharmacy said...

That kind of thing is excellent for barbecues and I bet that it taste great with a beer or wine. The perfect match.