Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lemony Shrimp Pasta

As you may well know.. we have been eating a lot of shrimp lately.  It has sort of taken the place of tilapia for awhile in our house as Chris was sick of tilapia and well, shrimp has been on sale for well over a month now at our grocery store.  I love shrimp...it's so versatile!  And versatility is key in the kitchen.  This is a quick and simple way to showcase how lovely shrimp goes with pasta.  And of course, me being all about versatility... you can use chicken in place of the shrimp - because I know there are those of you that do not love shrimp like I do :)

Lemony Shrimp Pasta
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
3/4 pound angel hair pasta
3-4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
30 large (61/70) frozen shrimp, thawed and tails removed
1 teaspoon Italian herb mix (or 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp basil)
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.

Meanwhile, in a medium-low to large saute pan, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat over medium heat.  Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes; stirring occasionally.  Add the shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.  Remove from heat and toss in the cooked pasta.  Add the Italian herb mix, lemon juice and zest.  Tossing to combine.  Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with parmesan cheese if using.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Sweet Balsamic Grilled Chicken

***Side Note:  For any of you that might be having problems commenting, check out Candace's findings on how to fix the possible issue (thanks Candace!)***

15 comments:

debbie said...

Looks delicious....having trouble leaving comments!

debbie said...

OK, just did what Candice said and it worked! But I can't access you with Google. Have to still use URL..

Big Dude said...

This type of light pasta dish may be my new favorite and we've had it twice lately. "parmesan cheese (optional)" - optional - I don't understand :-)

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely recipe, Jenn. It looks and sounds delicious and I love that it is so easy to do. Thanks for being such a regular reader while I was away. It is really appreciated. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Velva said...

Shrimp and pasta is a delightful combination and a bit of citrus is awesome.

Looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Velva

StephenC said...

There are few things in life as wonderful as shrimp. Instead of the Tilapia Tootsie I will have to find a new nickname for you. I'll work on it.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Yay more shrimp!! Keep 'em coming Jenn, I love shrimp!! This dish sounds like an ideal dinner. Quick and flavor filled - and all the ingredients are pantry staples which makes this an awesome "I don't want to cook dinner" dinner!

Unknown said...

I love shrimp, and it's so low calorie. Love this dish.

Mary said...

I LOVE shrimp and we don't eat it nearly enough. Nothing sounds better than lemon with it either. Nice meal!

Pam said...

I love shrimp but my husband doesn't care for it... I think this dish looks fabulous!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Jenn, you always manage to post exactly what I'm craving!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Unknown said...

Love shrimps too. And if they're on sale, why not enjoy it?! You know how much I love pasta and with shrimps and lemon... just wonderful. I love the healthy portion too.

Yenta Mary said...

Shrimp and pasta make an absolutely perfect couple ... :)

Candace said...

I love shrimp. This looks delicious! Thanks for the shout out, Jenn. :)

Chris said...

No problem commenting here. I like shrimp as long as I can get it fresh and by fresh I mean right off the boat. That's how we used to buy it when we lived in Florida. Most of the stuff here in TN is so covered with preservatives I can't stand it. Love the recipe, it sounds like a lighter scampi.