Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grilled Steaks with Simple Savory Steak Sauce

I would probably get kicked out of some high-class steakhouses for saying this, BUT I'm going to say it anyway...  I think that steak is better with sauce.  Now hear me out:  I think some steaks are just fantastic as they are... you don't even have to season them, they can be so good... but, to make any steak even more appealing for me - there needs to be sauce.  I can't help myself.  I LOVE SAUCE!!  And you know what?  In the privacy of my own home, I can dip my steak in Ranch dressing if I wanted to.... so there :)

Actually, the real reasoning behind this sauce... I wanted to use some Cholula Hot Sauce :)  I was recently asked by a representative of Cholula Hot Sauce if I would like to sample some of their new flavors.  Being a lover of Cholula for years now, I was extremely excited.  I am not going to actually give you a review of their products, but I did let them know that I would be using their products in recipes that I would showcase on my site.  SO - here is the first recipe.  Ok, ok, it's simple and anyone could have used it this way, but that's really the point now isn't it...??  Giving you recipes that "anyone could make" :)

Be on the lookout for the next week or so as I show you a few different ways to use the other flavors of Cholula that you can find in your grocery store!

Grilled Steaks with Simple Savory Steak Sauce
Sauce recipe adapted from Heartland Steaks
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 sirloin steaks
olive oil
salt and pepper
For the Sauce -
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon Cholula Hot Sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
dash of garlic powder

Directions:
Rub olive oil over both sides of the steaks.  Season with salt and pepper.  Let rest at room temperature while you make the sauce.

In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce until well combined.  Set aside.

Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F.  Place the steaks directly over the fire and allow to grill 5-10 minutes per side depending on the doneness you desire.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.  Serve with sauce and enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Fish with Red Pepper, Macadamia and Thyme Relish

6 comments:

Mary said...

Ooooooh, this sauce is going to be made! You had me at cholula. My husband would happily drink that stuff.

StephenC said...

Gosh, I didn't know there are varieties of cholula. Please send me a bloody Mary laced with it.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I'm with you, I need steak sauce!! This one sounds darn good too. And let's face it, the steaks that we consumers can buy are NOT the same cuts as the restaurants and steak houses, our sad little choice cuts need some help!!! So I say Thanks Sauce, for all your help :)

Pam said...

That makes total sense since you ARE the sauce QUEEN!!! I need to try this one, I think it would be a big hit with us.

StephenC said...

So Pam calls you the sauce QUEEN, when all along I thought you were the tilapia tootsie.

Chris said...

I like how you can see the pepper in the steak sauce. Yes steaks are exceptional with just salt and pepper but sometimes you want to try things out. I think you did great.