Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mustard and Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast

I must first say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my nephew Connor!!  I hope you have a fantastic day.  Wish I could be there to help you celebrate, but know that I love and miss you dearly!!  Enjoy your day kiddo!!! xoxoxoxo


Chris and I didn't have plans for Easter, but I still wanted to make special/different.  I'm not a huge ham fan.. I like it, but I really have to be in the mood for it, and I of course, was not in the mood for it.  Chris is not a fan of lamb, he wants it cooked until it's dead and then he wants it cooked for about 10 minutes more.  It's tough and not very good when it's cooked that way, so he won't eat lamb.  My next idea was a herb crusted beef tenderloin, but than I got to the store and that idea was squashed due to no beef tenderloins.  What's a girl to do?  Well, in this case, this girl grab what she thought might be the next best thing - a sirloin tip roast.  Why not?  It was cheap, it was there, I needed something for dinner... SOLD!

I will admit, this was a bit too done for me, but I wanted to try grilling it as a full roast and unfortunately, Chris likes his beef done much more then I do.  The great thing was, even at a medium well to well done, the roast was fantastic.  It was still tender and very flavorful.  It was the perfect Easter dinner for the two of us :)

Mustard and Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
5 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh parsley
3 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless sirloin tip roast

Directions:
Place the garlic cloves into a bowl of a food processor.  Pulse a few times to break up the garlic.  Add the parsley, rosemary leaves, Dijon, olive oil and lemon juice.  Pulse until smooth.  Rub the mixture all over the roast.  Place on a plate and loosely cover with plastic wrap.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours.

Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.  Place the roast directly over the flame and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes - flipping every 10 minutes to get all sides of the roast crusted.  Remove from grill and wrap in foil.  Place back on the grill and use the indirect heat method.  For a propane grill turn on the side burners only and keep the temp in the grill about 325 degrees.  For a charcoal grill, move the coals to one side of the grill and place the foil on the opposite side.  Allow to cook with indirect heat for another 15-30 minutes depending on how done you want it.  I let mine go 30 minutes and you can see how done it is.  Remove from the grill, allow to rest for 5 minutes, slicing against the grain.  (the sauce you see in the picture is some left over white bbq sauce from the Alabama Barbecue Chicken I made.) Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Bloody Mary Steaks and The Winner!!

11 comments:

Bo said...

Sounds like a very nice alternative to ham!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, man, that looks so unbelievably amazing!!! I can practically smell the aromas from here, and it's making my toast and fruit salad look mighty pitiful this morning!

StephenC said...

I'm on my way to Google sirloin tip roast 'cause I don't know exactly what it is. Does look good though. And if you got Wonderboy to eat it, well, that's an accomplishment.

Big Dude said...

Sounds delicious Jenn. We grow all of these herbs then make poor use of them.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Connor from me as well.
The roast looks fab Jenn. You can just tell the meat is so tender from the pictures. Like you I also like my meat under done.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jenn, this really sounds delicious. I like the way you worked herbs into the marinade ingredients. I'll wager this was delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I like mine cooked less too. The rub looks and sounds fantastic!

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

First of all, happy birthday to Connor! If you made this for him, I'm sure he would do ANYTHING you asked, Jenn! It's got me absolutely drooling... Looks fantastic, and perfectly cooked.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Happy Birthday, Connor! Hope your nephew has a great one. It'll be great if he gets to eat those steaks. They look delish!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Cranberry Morning said...

We had sirloin tip roast tonight for dinner. I wish I'd seen this post earlier! There's always next time. Love sirloin. The herbs and mustard will make such a great addition!

Arthur said...

Sounds great. I am pulling the sirloin roast out of the freezer just for this recipe. Will probably coat the outside of the roast in cracked peppercorns.