Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tilapia Dynomite

Ma, what's for dinner?  Well, let me tell you.. this KICK AS....err.....butt fish is what's for dinner.  But seriously, have you visited Ma What's for Dinner? website?  If not, go there....especially if you have children.  Alex will give you all sorts of pointers on how to get your picky eaters to not only eat different foods, but to help you in the cooking process.  I love her picky eater pointers... some of them even work with my picky eater :)

Alex claims she has an unhealthy addiction to sushi.  I think I could safely say the same thing.  Other than price, the biggest thing that keeps me from eating it more than I do is the fact that Chris does not like it.  And, although, he always says we can go have sushi anytime, it's hard to take someone to a restaurant when you know they are not going to enjoy it.  I'd rather just wait and go with my friends who enjoy it as much as I do.  So, when I saw Alex's recipe for Salmon Dynomite, I thought.. YES!  I can have the same flavors as one of my favorite sushi items and still please Chris with something he will enjoy just as much!  Sometimes compromise is good :) 

Tilapia Dynomite
Adapted from Alex aka Ma, What's for Dinner?
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 Tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
1 Tablespoon Sriracha
4 tilapia fillets 

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Rinse the tilapia and pat dry; place in prepared pan.

In a small bowl mix together the mayo, sesame oil, mirin, and Sriracha until smooth.  Spread half of the mixture evenly over each fillet.  Place baking dish in oven and cook for 6 minutes.  Remove from oven and carefully spread remaining mixture over each fillet.  Returned to oven and continue to bake another 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Enjoy! 

One Year Ago:  Tilapia in Olive Oil and Garlic

10 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

THe sauce is so pretty and vibrant, I bet it packs a wallop too :) This sauce would be good on some chicken or shrimp I bet. Its got mirin in it, one of my favorites :)!!

Bo said...

I love the name...the sauce sounds really tasty.

Victor said...

Yesterday, I went for all-you-can-eat sushi with my coworkers. We were wondering what was dynomite sauce in the menu.

The sauce sounds very tasty and mouthwatering. I bookmark the recipe.

Anna's kitchen table said...

What is sriracha please?


Your dish looks gorgeous!

Cheeseboy said...

I think I'd like the salmon a little more, but I'd definitely chomp the tilapia right up too.

Unknown said...

Well, when I do visit Arizona, let's go for sushi! I happily eat sushi anytime. This dish certainly kick butt! :)

Pam said...

Mmmmm. The sauce sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh I love that sauce, delish.

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Mmmmmm. Is this like the 'spread' that's usually in a Crab Dynamite roll? Love, love, love that stuff! I bet this would be good on an old shoe! Thanks for sharing another winner and for introducing us to Ma, wfd?

Debbie said...

That is one delicious fish dish!!!! I think I would love it....