Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Orange Honey Grilled Chicken

YAY!  I made it through last week!  It was touch and go there for a little while, but I made it.  I worked a ton of extra hours, had some emotional ups and downs, but alas... here I am, another week and I'm ready to go :) One good thing that did happen - they hired a replacement for my boss.  How do I feel about my new boss?  I don't know.  It's hard to tell until we actually start working together and that will happen today......so I'll keep you updated.  I'm hoping for only the best, but of course am still worried.  I mean, what if he's an ass??  I wonder if I can sweet talk him with some homemade goodies?  Hmmmm... sucking up... now that's a thought :)

Anyway, on with the food!!!

Simple.  I hate to keep using that word over and over again, but I can't help myself.  I love sharing recipes with you that take little to no time in the kitchen.  Even though I love to cook there are nights where the task seems incredibly daunting.  This is a meal you can make in under 30 minutes if you marinated the chicken the night before.  Add a wonderful side salad and some bread and you have the perfect light weeknight meal.

Orange Honey Grilled Chicken
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 lbs chicken - breasts, thighs - skin on, skin off - bone in, no bone - it's your choice
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chicken.  Rinse the chicken and pat dry.  Place chicken in a shallow dish or a resealable bag and pour the marinade over it.  Seal and place in fridge over night (minimum hours to marinate = 4).

When ready to grill chicken.  Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Oil grill grates.  Place the chicken directly on the grates and cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.  Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting into.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Grilled Potato Rounds

17 comments:

Big Dude said...

It's always interesting to break in a new boss - hope ot works out well.

Yenta Mary said...

Simple dinners are the best ones for after work. And leftovers (IF there are leftovers, of course!) would make fabulous sandwiches or salads for the next meal after a busy day. So this is absolutely perfect ... :)

Unknown said...

cooked to perfection! I just picked up orange marmalade for a dish just like this one! Delicious! Good luck w/the boss!!! And yes..baked goods always work!

StephenC said...

I love the orange/citrus flavors. Don't bother sucking up to your new boss, just kick him in the kneecap and say, "Remember that, sucker."

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Thats a yummy looking piece of chicken Jenn! I agree w Stephen, save the sucking up for later (the knee kick is priceless, gotta try that one!)- the new guy on the block should be the one doing the kissing up :) However if you were to bring in cookies or brownies I'm sure that wouldn't hurt anything either :) Hope this week is a great one!

Cranberry Morning said...

Bless your heart! I was just sitting here wondering what to make for dinner tonight, and this is it. I just bought a jar of marmelade, and I always have boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer, so I'm ready to go! Thanks, Jenn. P.S. You didn't need to send the rain today. ;-)

Unknown said...

perfect chicken!.... have you thought about roasting the whole lot together in an oven tin the night before (rice and chicken) and then eating it cold with a salad the next day?... good luck with the boss, I love a bit of intrigue at work.

Pam said...

Simple flavors make the best dishes... love this one!

Cheeseboy said...

So, you get a new boss the same time as the Office gets a new boss? Coincidence? I think not!

This sounds really good btw.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the new boss, and this does look very cimple but delish - good for a weeknight.

Unknown said...

I find food bribing always work :)
I hope the coming weeks will be less stressful. The chicken looks delish. Gotta love simple flavours.

Angie's Recipes said...

THe chicken looks so succulent and juicy!
Good luck with the new boss!

Angie

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Ugh, new boss...I hope he's not an ass too! :) But hey, if he is, at least you know you can go home and eat some really good food...like this delish chicken!!!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Mary Bergfeld said...

That is gorgeous chicken. It looks moist and the color is wonderful. I know that I would enjoy this. I hope you have had a great day. Blessings...Mary

We Are Not Martha said...

Yumm I love any recipe that makes chicken more fun!! Good luck with the new boss :)

Sues

Meg Luby said...

i lovvvvvvvve orange with protein. thanks so much for sharing, love you and your blog :)
-meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Well done, Jenn! I have a jar of marmalade that could be used for this.