Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemon-Habanero Tarter Sauce

Let me apologize for the picture.. it's not the greatest.  Most of the pictures I took were out of focus or too dark... BUT.. despite how it may photograph this is an intensely wonderful tarter sauce.  Granted, this is not for the faint of heart (or maybe I should say the faint of taste buds)... Oh, no, no, no.. you must be a brave soul to even consider trying this.  But for those that choose to step into this realm of heat, they will be rewarded with a wonderfully, spicy new tarter sauce that will become an instant favorite.  Who knows, you may never go back to that plain old tarter sauce again!

Lemon-Habanero Tarter Sauce
Adapted from Bobby Flay
Printable Recipes 
Ingredients:
1 Habanero pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
3 snack'mms sized dill pickles, cut in half
1 small garlic clove, quartered
6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a food processor add the habanero, pickles, and garlic.  Pulse until well minced.  Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice.  Pulse until well combined.  Pour into a serving bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Tequila Garlic Lime Steaks

6 comments:

StephenC said...

I'm guessing that's a piece of tilapia in the photo? I'm in the mood for some spice, but we won't be doing dinner at home until tomorrow.

Yenta Mary said...

That sounds like some feisty sauce!!! Plain ol' tartar sauce definitely needs some oomph, though, so this sounds perfect!

Pam said...

My spice loving husband would really, really dig this sauce!

Unknown said...

my husband will flip out over this! A must try Jenn!!!!! thanx!

Cranberry Morning said...

Jenn, you are SO HOT!! I mean, habanero?? Come on! But I'll probably try it because my husband loves hot. No matter what I cook, he goes to the refrigerator to get out one of the many bottles of hot sauce. :-)

Chris said...

I've actually grown to consider habanero as my favorite pepper. I'd love this!