Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Sauce

This sauce is exactly what you would assume it would be:  Sweet and Spicy!  It worked perfectly on a nicely baked piece of tilapia but would also work extremely well on chicken and/or pork.  This recipe only makes just over a 1/4 cup, so if you want more, double the recipe.  It was the perfect amount for Chris and I.. and a little, truly does go a long way.

***Remember to enter the great vanilla bean giveaway!  Click on this LINK to find out all the yummy details.  You have until Thursday, December 8th at 8pm Pacific time.. so hurry!!***

Sweet and Spicy Sauce
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Prinbale Recipe 
Ingredients:
3 Tablespoon hoisin
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon mirin
2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
dash of sesame oil

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined.  Serve over fish, chicken, or pork.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Adobo Chicken

12 comments:

Debbie said...

The sauce sounds delicious. I really need to make more fish!

Mary said...

I'm starting to grin every time I see tilapia in your pics. You are right; you are completely addicted to it. ;) I bet the sauce was delicious. I'd probably eat a whole lot more fish if I made some of your sauces to go over it!

Mary Bergfeld said...

It sounds really lovely, Jenn. A sauce can make or break a meal. This one is a winner. I hope youhave a great day. Blessings...Mary

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Oh I bet this sauce would be rockin' good in a stir fry! YUM!!

StephenC said...

I need to add to your title of "Tilapia Tootsie" that of Sultana of Sauce.

Pam said...

Sweet and spicy is my favorite combination - the sauce sounds wonderful on the tilapia!

Pam said...

This sounds really good and I will be trying it soon. Love that sweet and spicy thing!

Angie's Recipes said...

Oh yes, I love sauces that's hot and sweet!

Yenta Mary said...

A sauce that goes with almost anything? How perfect!!!

Chris said...

SWEET! uh....and spicy :)

Candace said...

The "Saucy Queen" strikes again! That looks so yummy, Jenn! I love the sweet and spicy combo so much.

Anna's kitchen table said...

You really are 'The sauce Queen' Jenn!