Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tangerine Beef with Snow Peas

Easy to prepare.  Amazing flavor.  What more could you ask for in a dish, right?  Well, if you are looking for easy and flavorful, look no further.  This is the dish for you.  I do so love making stir-frys during the week.  They're light, they're quick, and when you sit down to eat, you aren't completely exhausted!  Another perfect dish for all those busy week nights!

Tangerine Beef with Snow Peas
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 Tablespoons soy sauce, divided
4 Tablespoons Tangerine juice (or orange juice), divided
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into strips
1 cup snow peas (or more if you want)
1 red pepper, diced
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil

Directions:
Mix together 2 tablespoons soy and 1 tablespoon tangerine juice.  Place the sirloin strips in a resealable bag and pour mixture over.  Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons soy, 3 tablespoons tangerine juice, rice wine, hoisin, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and cornstarch until well combined; set aside.

In a wok or large, deep non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.  Add the beef and stir fry for 3 minutes.  Add the red pepper and snow peas and stir fry for another 3 minutes or until the veggies are just starting to get tender.  Add the sauce mixture, bring to a boil, and stir.  Remove from heat as soon as the sauce thickens.  Serve over rice.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Lemon, Rosemary, and Balsamic Grilled Chicken

12 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

Yummy - love this sauce and I bet it tastes great served over the beef!

Yenta Mary said...

As soon as I read the title of this dish, I could practically taste the vibrant flavors! A perfect dish to counter all the cookies, eggnog, and whatnot that we're indulging in ... :)

Unknown said...

oooh, tangerine beef... yes please... I simply have to make this!

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Yummy, yummy, and yummy. And how classic we both do a beef stir fry in the same week (and a curry dish - haven't posted mine yet.) I do believe we are soul mates.

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my! That word 'tangerine' really woke me up. What a delicious combination. And yes, I have all the ingredients right now, although my snow peas are in the freezer from my garden this summer (not quite as good as fresh, of course). I think this is going to be dinner tonight!

Angie's Recipes said...

Love this beef stir-fry! Must be very appetizing with tangerine juice.

Chris said...

Great stir fry, the beef and red pepper go well with each other.

Pam said...

Oh, this sounds great, Jenn! And it looks delicious! I love beef in stir fry dishes and like the twist with the tangerine juice. It's easy and good on a chilly rainy night like this!

Unknown said...

I want everything you eat!

StephenC said...

If only I could find some tangerines! I love them.

Pam said...

I am eating Chinese take out as I type this... wish I had your dinner instead!

Candace said...

The tangerine drew me in to this one, Jenn. Love the combination here. I'm pinning this to try soon. My "baby" loves Asian food so much.