Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grilled Bourbon Chicken

This is another "cheater" recipe!  I'm loving these more and more lately.  Back in January of last year, I posted a recipe for a Bourbon Chicken (stir fry).  We loved it!!  I was going to put it back in the rotation this past week when I realized, crap, if I do that, I won't have anything to blog about... so I though - why not change it up a bit?  And with the simple change of grilling... it's a brand new dish!

Grilled Bourbon Chicken
Adapted from Blogchef.net
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut mine into strips-no reason, just felt like having strips)

Directions:
In a bowl or measuring cup, mix together all ingredients except the chicken.  Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for dipping if desired.  Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag.  Pour remaining mixture over, seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade.  Place chicken directly over the fire and grill for 8-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.  Serve with reserved sauce if desired.  Enjoy!

One Year Ago:  Lemon Parmesan Sauce

10 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

wow look at the chicken! So juicy and tender!

StephenC said...

What? No bourbon? Isn't that false advertising? LOL It's okay, I don't have any bourbon anyways.

Unknown said...

LOL... no, the original recipe was created on Bourbon Street - hence the name. So no bourbon was supposed to be in it... which is good cause I don't have bourbon either!!

Big Dude said...

I like this version even better.

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I'm glad there's no bourbon in this dish, I'm out and don't love it anyway :) What I do love is whats in the marinade for this. Deeeeelish!

Pam said...

This sounds great but I have to say, everything's better with bourbon! lol Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful Merry Christmas!

Becki's Whole Life said...

This sounds awesome and would be perfect over grilled chicken. Why is it a cheater recipe though? It sounds like you did it all from scratch.

Katie said...

Sometimes you just feel like havin' some chicken strips. lol

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

That sounds scrumptious, Jenn! Boneless chicken breasts need a little livening up, and these fill the bill. But, am I just blind this morning, or is the bourbon missing from the recipe?

Chris said...

I'm putting bourbon in it just for the principal of the matter ;)